why the fuck are we here?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by igggeric, Nov 28, 2011.

1. To smoke mass dank Marijuanas

2. While your question seems important...it is also irrelevant....You will be until you return to the vat my friend....Your just a brain in a vat.

3. Because I'm here. And I'm here because you all are here. We're here! That's all.

4. we are here because the events that have brought us to where we are today have happened there for they were aways ment to happen over billions of years after the big bang happened all there was, was basicly dust particals in space these particaly came together to form everything you see around you even ourselfs we are nothing but matter with conchisnessand to the people who say that "god" made us i say religion is a form of ignarints in which the living try to blindly convince themselfs that there is sompthing after death when really there is not, at least not in the form that we see around us every day but i guess it doesnt matter what we think about death because enyone who is reading this will eventually find out for themselvs

5. I'm here because my mother can't handle their alcohol

i don't know about the rest of you

6. To enjoy the ride

7. There is no reason.

8. Why??

9. You want a reason why there's no reason?

Is that a serious question? :p

Even if there was a God, or a creator, or some kind of higher dimensional being that created things for a purpose, it's purpose... that would still just be that being's opinion. That being could still ask, 'Why am I here?'

Purpose requires some kind of higher authority... the highest authority has no authoirty over it. So, the highest authority just makes shit up... just like we do.

10. Yeah, I do and it is a serious question.

I don't understand why a higher intelligence would even ask that, to be honest.
    And whether it was that gods opinion or not, it overrides ours, assuming the idea it created us.

If you don't know why there is no reason, then you don't have a reason to believe that idea. ;)

My point exactly. This higher authority overrides ours, assuming it is always correct.

11. Why does there have to be higher authority? If we have total control over what we do, and we have a higher authority, then our higher authority could have a higher authority too. The chain could go on forever. Authority is bullshit. I have authority over my own life. I'm my own.

12. To rule over the subjective opinion of man. To distinguish right from wrong, truth from lie. Not everyone can be right, for that would go against the law of non-contradiction.

I hope that works out for you

13. I can distinguish 'right' from 'wrong'. If there was a higher authority that was supposed to do that, they'd be doing it. The only authority that comes to mind is the government, and they're human too.

14. How do you know you're right?

He is doing it, but He has given us responsibility to maintain it and we are doing that horribly.

15. We aren't gonna see eye to eye ha ha

16. [quote name='"meddlehaze"']
    How do you know you're right?

He is doing it, but He has given us responsibility to maintain it and we are doing that horribly.[/quote]

Or he didnt give us anything and we always had it. We just sucked from the start.

17. I know, but a friendly debate doesn't hurt. Does it? :p
    You are entitled to your opinion :)

18. If we want to use 'reason' to mean 'a conscious being's motive', well to the atheist there is no 'reason'.

If we want to use 'reason' to mean 'cause', then we are here via evolution.

19. Assuming that what I've learned is legit, we are here basically because we were broiled out of some kind of primordial soup and have mutated over billions of years into what we are, and the rest of the living planet.

Now as to why the universe is here, so life can be.

My take anyways.