Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why the F**K is pot so damn expensive!?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by outdoorgrowman, Jul 29, 2011.

1. So in my area all i can find is headies or better bud n it goes for $20 a g. Im always looking for low grade stuff cuz im broke. Why the hell is pot so damn expensive?

2. Because it's illegal.

3. Cuz it's illegal.

4. hehehe same post. same time

5. yeah, i usually have to look for low grade stuff as well because 20 a gram is fuckin ridiculous and a gram wont even last me an hour by myself. so im stuck gettin regs....damn i wish it would get legal.

6. because good pot takes alot of work from start to finish.
    20$ aaint shit. i can spend a fraction of my rent on pot:D

7. If it was legal, i think that it would still be looked down upon. I believe they would tax it to high hell, and it wouldnt be much cheaper (if any) then if it is now

8. And I'll have a weed forest in my back yard.

9. Where i'm from, the normal price for dank is 20$ for 3,5 g

for mid/regs it's like 30$ for 7g, some people even sell an ounce for 70-100$

10. Its expensive because its not exactly the easiest thing to grow, alot of people put alot of time and energy into growing weed + getting a decent grow setup can be fairly expensive so they have to cover their debts. Also they're risking their freedom to supply you with bud. If you get caught with a grow-op your looking @ serious time so I dont think what they charge is unreasonable. For them to take the risk there should be a pretty big reward

11. electricity

12. Because think about the whole process of growing the bud, taking care of it, harvesting, distributing it out. A lot of work between the plant stage and it finally getting to you.

13. Beer for the night would run you about the same thing right? Thats how I look at it..

14. I can completely understand the mids pricing because I know that's how it is where I am but those dank prices are ridiculous. Where do you live? 3.5g's which is an eighth costs 45-50 bucks around me.

15. Thats about right... I don't have a problem paying for it... :smoke:

16. It's not as expensive when you have a job, but for now it is for me since Im jobless. Good thing My dispensary does 2 for 1 everyday.

Thank god for Cali.

But yea it does suck. Gram is gone in one blunt. Sad to see it go all away at once.

17. Buy larger quantities!

People don't get that when you smoke daily, weekly, etc. you shouldn't still be buying grams. Buying a gram is really like buying yourself a gram as well as your dealer. Buy an oz minimum. In all the cities I've spent time in you can find really good stuff for about 350/oz. Sure, that's a lot of money. But think about it. Say you smoke an eighth a week. (Reasonable?) That's about an ounce every 2 months. That's $480 in two months. If you had bought that month's supply in advance you would have saved $130. Or, look at it this way. Every time you buy an ounce you're getting a free quarter. Two weeks bud for which you didn't technically pay.

Just get the first oz purchased and then get yourself in the habit of preparing for your next purchase as you burn through your stash. Instead of paying $60 a week to cover your eighth all you have to do is stash $45 a week x 8 = $360/1 oz.

:smoke:

18. lolblackmarket

19. #19 Eight Sizzler, Jul 29, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Agree! But to some it seems like too much to drop at once I guess that's one reason why people don't do this.

20. Hmmm, why is good weed so expensive sometimes?

Ive seen people drop like 3-4 grand to kickstart a nice grow room. Plus the electric bill. Plus the labor to build it, and the skill it takes to grow, and the HUGE risk of landing in federal prison and having your life ruined.

And the profit the dealer has to make, and if there is any middle-men in that, the price goes up from there. Combine all this with the fact that every one of these people are basically risking the welfare of there lives.

Is it really that big of mystery why its so expensive in some areas, especially ones where its rarer?