Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why the cost?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by BlaqueWhyteGrei, May 2, 2011.

1. So I've been asking myself this for quite sometime after seeing numerous clinics with business card that look more like advertisements with prices about 125+150$ for the initial appointment with the 'doctor'. I've been wondering why the hell should I pay 100$+ for just the initial doctors appointment, not knowing if they will actually deem me qualified. Most people around this town are struggling due to the economy, and care barely afford to pay for the pharmaceuticals they are taking for their health issues now. Even seeing that cannabis would be the more beneficial (both health and budget wise), why does it cost so damn much just to SEE the doctor for the first time? Shouldn't one only have to pay if they were to actually qualify? I know for certain that I qualify as I've spoken with my own physician, and I've attained the necessary documents, but the price to pay just to see the doctor at the clinics is a little beyond me. I work hard for what I have now, and I just don't really see why anyone would have to pay to be allowed to take any sort of medication, controlled substance or not. I don't have to pay 150$ to see a doctor to get a prescription of Vicodin and that's destroying me, but I have to pay for the safer way of going about it? =/ Hope some of you lot can clarify.

(BTW: Haven't posted in quite some time, not sure what's changed. Haven't been around.)

2. The doctors gonna give you the recommendation on your first visit. A.K.A you pay for the documents when they say "doctor appointments" cost that price.

3. MOST reputable recommending doctors will not charge you if they deem you don't qualify.

4. check around most places here say you wont pay if you do not qualify.. call and ask. But I can tell you I went to the local clenic when I didn't have ins. and for one office visit it was 160 bucks and my meds for strep throat were 35. They have to pay the rent, power, insurance, and phone bills on their offices. They also must pay at least min wage for the people working in their office. Insurance companies do not pay them one cent because there is not one that will pay for MMJ.

Just a thought for you.. But ask about the no pass no pay policy Im sure they are out there.