Why some people don't see "God" (not a man in the sky)

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Outside of Time, May 13, 2011.

1. that really is lovely. it is. but you shouldn't apply it to language. language is communication. communication can be precise or it can be opened to interpretation because of the way it's spoken or written.

obviously anybody who's interested in what we're talking about right now is interested for the same reason: seeking answers. if you speak in language that's opened to interpretation you aren't contributing much to any of these discussions.

2. Does the truth explain everything, or just some things?

THE TRUTH is the merging together of ALL of these words and concepts. If some of these words and concepts are not explained by it, then it is not THE truth.

3. okay, so i shouldn't have said that since you speak in language that's opened to interpretation you aren't contributing much to these discussions. clearly, you have fans. and clearly, your opinions are more well thought out than the great majority of people who believe in anything referable to as god.

but the bottom line is, based on what you just posted ^^above this^^ and many of your other posts, you simplify things we don't understand by saying ambiguous shit. just admit you don't know and stop there instead of expressing some ultimate knowledge of the inability to have knowledge.

4. This is the supreme knowledge. It only seems ambiguous, and uncertain, because you have pre-conceived notions about what I'm saying. If you open yourself up to listen, and learn, there is MUCH to learn.

5. Noone here has given a rational argument for god and I doubt that anyone one will as none exists based on our understanding of the universe at this point.

6. The universe is god. It created us.

7. the term god refers to a deity. do you believe the universe to be a deity?

8. #88 KirbyPuckett, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    No I don't. Your definition of god means deity. Mine means creator. I haven't decided if it actually has thought or not yet though, honestly. I'm thinking no... but there are questions I can't seem to answer.

9. #89 Entropywins, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    I am seriously curious if some people know who god or what god is why in the hell do you have to use names like nature, I would think if you hit transcendence or whatever some people claim you could just call it god, not a bunch of misleading words that no one can decipher. Did he mean nature or god, did he mean singularity or god, I know the trouble of language not encapsulating an other world essence, the things beyond language, but lets quit with the ambiguity and learn to define what you mean. I can't keep up with having to redefine all different words in order to have a conversation.

The can it's everything,

No it's not, it's just a can

No I meant the can is god

Well shit give me a heads up next time!

10. We are attempting to make it so EVERYONE can understand. Not divide, based on word choices.

If we use a word that does not resonate with you, simply ignore it. Ignore the whole post, or replace the word choice with one that makes you more comfortable.

Also, notice how sometimes we are told not to call "it" God. Other times we are told we should stick to calling it "God." Sometimes we are labelled atheists. Sometimes we are labelled creationists. It's so silly, the wide-range of claims that are levelled against me/us.

11. Right, words are only the surface, the meaning behind goes deeper then the word themselves.

12. The fish trap exists because of the fish. Once you've gotten the fish you can forget the trap. The rabbit snare exists because of the rabbit. Once you've gotten the rabbit, you can forget the snare. Words exist because of meaning. Once you've gotten the meaning, you can forget the words. Where can I find a man who has forgotten words so I can talk with him? ~Chuang Tzu

13. Little of topic, but have you ever tried to imagine language coming into existence? Like I wonder when it went from grunts to actually explaining/defining objects/actions. Just curious.. but feel free to ignore because it is off topic

14. thats a real cool quote.

but when you really think about it.. if Chuang Tzu did find a man who's forgotten words and spoke with him, it'd be hard for that conversation to go anywhere :laughing:

15. But they would have similar faith and that's the beauty in it. With this faith, you can realise reality is indescribable in terms of FEELING it.

16. Cause he's not there! :wave:

17. Only if you understand what these words TRULY are can you have TRULY meaningful conversation.

All these definitions, and all these labels, LIMIT our ability to converse properly.

18. IT'S everywhere. :wave:

19. I am curious what you mean by "its".

20. Nature/universe :) (energy is my god)