Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why solar hits are amazing...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by recondite, May 17, 2009.

1. I've always wondered.....when taking solar hits, as the bud is heating up (before it lights on fire), wouldn't it vaporize the thc?

2. I tried once with a smaller glass and it didn't work so next summer I might break down and go look for a larger one

3. yeah but it would barely be a noticable amount of vapor.

4. solar hits are fucking amazing in this cold weather... any heat from the vapor/smoke is completely annihilated, they like balance each other out and neutralize... i dont even feel her goin down my throat :smoke:

5. Pretty much. But it all burns in the end and you still get the same amount of stoneiness. It's not healthier like a vape is.

6. Isn't this alot like knife hits?

7. people, it is still burning, there just isn't butane in it. yes, you can singe off trichomes if you are extra precise but it's still burning plant matter for the most part. i've got a great old magnifying glass that i love using on a sunny day but it isn't spectacular. sure, the sun and the rays and burning small plants nearby is great and all but it isn't mind blowing

8. When i was like 10 i found a piece with a little magnifying lens conected to the top at uncles house. I never knew what it was for and know i do thanks.

9. butane SHMUTANE.

Just crack out the bee-line :hello:

[​IMG]
    :smoke: :smoke:

10. can i still do solar hits during the winter?

11. I just did today. Granted I live in the southwest. As long as there is clear sky you could theoretically do it any season. Plus wind isn't a factor, it was windy as fuck when I lit my bowl today.

12. I hope you get a fuckload of rep for this.. You've definitely convinced me to try this. THANK YOU MY FELLOW BLADE:D

13. Dude I just want to say I 100% agree with every point you make about solar bows/hits. they are absolutley amazing, deffinitly the best way to smoke. It really is amazing. esp if you spend you time in a beautifully sunny setting.

I also highly recomend trying this in a glass greenhouse, or a sunroom. Seriously its just great.

14. seeing that im from ireland,ive never heard of these solar hits,because our summers are usually a total wash out! sounds like a buzzy concept though!!

15. Lol i tried solar hits the first time like 2 months ago, took me a while to concentrate the light but got it in the end (while wearing shades) and it was the best thing ever!

16. Isn't mind blowing?!?!? Just the fact that star 93 MILLION miles away is lighting the miracle that is going into my soul... just... just blows my fuckkn mind!!! That direct ray had to travel through outer space to get you high!
    :smoking:

17. i've wanted to try solar hits for a while as well, but i live in scotland so

18. While this is a neat idea that I'd like to try, burning weed is burning weed regardless of the ignition source. You may be avoiding inhaling a tiny amount of butane, but that's about the only difference.

19. I don't do it for the health benefits, if there are any. I do it for the taste and the experience. Like Rastafari said it's crazy to think that a giant ball of burning gas emitted heat and photons 8 and a bit minutes ago and then traveled 93 million miles just so it could light your bowl for you. It's mindblowing man! And the taste is great too, out of a nice bong or bubbler you can really tell the difference. It also conserves your weed too, I get way more hits than if I had used a lighter.

peace

20. Indeed, it is quite amazing.