Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why solar hits are amazing...

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by recondite, May 17, 2009.

1. sounds cool, but it sounds like it would take hella forever to smoke a bowl. or is it better for joints?

obviously ive never done it.

2. someone on here posted a vid about a guy floating downstream taking solar hits and since then i got a magnifying glass and take my own solar hits pretty often now.

i like it.
    and yes i too notice a different in the high.

a good difference though.

deffinately worth doing it.

in fact if its still sunny when i get some tomorrow im taking solar hits tomorrow.

3. Never tried it with a joint, but its doesnt take long at all to solar out of a bowl. i have a pretty big magnifying glass though so that tied in with my mad ant burning skills makes for a good session.:hello::smoking:

4. #64 Duplicity, Jun 2, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2009
    I just smoked 2 solar bowls out of my sherlock burb. Didn't take that much longer than it does for me with a lighter. I ususally carry a lighter anyways to snap the nug through, that saves time and you still get awesome solar hits. The biggest problem for me is that if I do a solar sesh without sunglasses (even a quick sesh) I feel like I'm gonna ruin my eyes.

edit: I've gotten pretty good at focusing the light and then looking away. Once it is focused I look off and use my stoner senses to feel where I am burning it.

5. would it be possible to use reading glasses?

6. I am trying this tomorrow lol. Ill try and take pics

7. Damn, I can't wait to try this!

8. It is pretty awesome, but unfortunately I do most of my blazing at night T_T

9. Any tips on where to snag a sweet, reliable magnifying glass? preferably NOT walmart... *gag*

10. I guess my stoner senses don't work that well, lol.. I have that problem every time I smoke with a magnifying glass.. I see like a purple dot in the middle of my vision for like an hour :eek:

11. OMG, I'm trying this tomorrow <3 Thankyou for your insight this does sound truly amazing.

12. Smoked half a bowl of hash and a whole bowl of dank this morning. Worked good, my mag. glass is only an inch across though so it got annoying.

13. Man thanks for sharing this method. I'm definitely doing this tomorrow for the wake n bake.

14. hmm, funny-I just so happened to have done this a couple days ago. made for great bong hits :D

15. how bright is it?

16. the anticipation before it lights is funny. my friend holds the magnifying glass and everything gets quite as we just wait. lol

@Castle 420 - i got my magnifying glass from walgreens

17. Dude solar hits are the shhhiiiiiit mann...everyday around 4 or 5 the sun blares right through my bathroom window.. And i keep a mag glass right there and i take solar hits out the bongg in the comfort and air condition of my house..soo nice. i highly recommend solars from a bong. LATE

18. :laughing:

19. How long does it take to actually light though?

20. When I first started doing Solar hits, like only two weeks ago lol, It took me like 20 seconds to get it to lights.. Now it's seriously takes like 2 seconds. Like using a lighter. The bowl has to be packed right and you have to have the magnifying class just right. It takes practice but not much.

Only thing is the damn brightness! I got sunglasses and tried again and it was still bright enough to cause me to have a purple dot in my vision.. I might just stick with beeline