Why society is doomed to fail

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BrainScratch, Jul 30, 2012.

1. A human is no better/special/whatever than a deer, ant, or bacterium.

If you disagree then its impossible to see eye to eye. I don't buy that human mission to use their power nonsense. It seems religious to me, there is nothing that makes me see that point. I am a cluster of cells, I don't HAVE to do anything but die.

2. [quote name='"Dutchmaster617"']

A human is no better/special/whatever than a deer, ant, or bacterium.

If you disagree then its impossible to see eye to eye. I don't buy that human mission to use their power nonsense. It seems religious to me, there is nothing that makes me see that point. I am a cluster of cells, I don't HAVE to do anything but die.[/quote]

Stop raving man, your hurting the keyboard, I never said humans were better, I said because we have the ability to, we should look after the earth as much as we can, I know were not all Superman and there's things that are out of our control(natural not man made), but nonetheless we're not helpless animals.

3. We don't have the ability to look after the earth. I also don't believe a deer is helpless.

It's simply your opinion.

4. We are above animals man...lol

5. Why would we not be animals? Everything else on earth but us is just an animal? Were no different than any other species, in the way were just another chain of genetics living off earth. Just because were very intelligent, can speak in "english" and can call other species that live off earth animals does not mean were not animals. Just because we can title ourselves as Humans and anything else as animals does not make us any different really.

Every species dies out eventually. Most of them last a really long time, some dont. Who knows how long we will last, but in the end, we all die. Everything else born by nature takes from the earth but gives back in some way. All we do is take from the earth, and toss our garbage into a dump. Yes, it will eventually go away, but it creates unnecessary pollution and time. As a result of this, we are not only ruining our chances to live, but were harming the earth.

We could replace a LOT of things by growing hemp. Hemp can be building material, medicine, clothes, food for animals, cooking material, anything steel and iron, copper can do, so can hemp. Not to forget that buildings constructed of hemp do still use a wood frame, its less wood, and is better insulated saving $$ on bills. But its so dam expensive because its illegal and the hemp needs to be imported.