Why so yellow

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by trainwreck3663, Mar 25, 2016.

1. New growth looking super lime green and yellow. It starts to turn green after a bit. Is this normal? [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. 4 site bucket undercurrent. 40 gallon capacity. Fox farm grow big and big bloom. Ph 6.2. Cal mag added via foliar spray. Fresh reservoir less that a week ago. Ppm sitting @ 1050. 18/6 1000w mh.

3. Roots are nice and white. Temps range from 65/85. Water temp 72.

4. Anyone have any input, please?

5. I mean shit as long as the color gets there n your new growth isn't dead your good mate try upping your nitrogen alittle

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Thankyou sir. This is just my first grow ever and I'm trying not to fuck it up. I'll up my ppm tonight.

7. Now I have taco leaves ppm is 1080. Ph @ 6.0. Light too close? [​IMG][​IMG]

8. My advice would be to chunk that hydro setup and grow a few in dirt before switching to hydro. You're going through the very same "growing pains" that most everybody who's never grown before and tries a hydro setup first...does. When you have no experience growing the plant and add in the variables that go along with the hydro system, it's a total guessing game to determine what your problem is. This looks like a nutrient issue to me, but nothing serious. They're not supposed to have those colors going on..in a perfect world, but if they're getting there eventually then hopefully you'll be OK. Something is definitely off with your process that causing it though. There are lots of great hydro growers on here though. Someone should be along who can help you out. You might go back and repost this (though multiple posting is frowned on here (LOL)), on the hydro growing threads for faster help. Good luck! TWW

9. Draining reservoir for a complete change

10. Upon further inspection, I did not have the proper flow between the reservoir and my 4 buckets. Ph varied as well as ppm. The rear buckets were funky. Flow issues were fixed by adding a larger pump and moving 1200gph throughout the system. This aides in mixing as well as temp regulation. The return into the reservoir serves to oxygenate the water very effectively in conjunction with the airstones. System has been completely cleaned and sterilized. Nutrients were changed for maxibloom. Ec is now 1.6 and ph is a solid 5.8. The plants appear to be very happy now.

11. Going to keep it simple as I am determined to make this hydroponics system grow some awesome and healthy plants. Will post pics tonight.