why so slow?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Mattjew, Dec 20, 2011.

1. I planted my germinated seeds one week ago today. Within 1-2 days they had sprouted from the soil. They have not really grown very much at all, despite having two 6500K CFL's on them 24 Hours a day. I water them when the soil is dry 2-3 inches deep. I water until it runs out the bottom. I transplanted them from little cups to their big pots two days ago.

They seem to have made no progress in growing at all!

Am I being too impatient?

I see other people who have week old babies and they have much bigger leafs...

Attached Files:

2. what kind of soil they in?
    it doesnt look bad or anything. very green. give the little guy a break. maybe try turning lights to 20/4?

3. just regular potting soil with no fertilizers or nutes. It was called Pine something or other

I just switched the lights to 18/6 last night after wondering why 24 hours of light wasn't stimulating much growth.

Think some people have said the dark period somehow could stimulate them

I want them to stretch their little roots in search for water and get healthy sized, so I don't have to worry about my fan killing them

4. Anyone have any remarks or suggestions>

5. Not much perlite n that soil.. Its still pretty small. Give it time. Its either growing or dieing.

6. there is no perlite in the soil, just regular old dirt as far as i know

7. looks awfully green to be dying though right?

8. They are probably a little stunted from the transplant. Why so soon? They are normally good a week or two at least in party cups.

9. Temperature could also be a factor. Cannabis likes it in the 70s- just like we do!

And don't transplant them so early! Babies go into shock easily! Shock slows growth.

Now get over to the grow section and start reading the stickies, and anything else that looks interesting.

Granny

10. I transplanted because I saw some roots at the bottom of my containers. I keep it in the 70s and I have a single oscillating fan that I have setup blowing on them and then blowing out the closet.

Will I be ok with my soil? It is plain old store bought soil with no nutes, no perlite, gravel, sand, anything else.

Now I'm all worried my babies won't like my soil

I hope they pull through my noobish care :(

11. U need more light, and I have the same lamp, haha

12. More light and the soil probably isn't that great.

13. Granny nailed it...as usual :cool:

Transplant probably shocked em a bit... Those light will be fine for a while still.. I run my veg chamber on two cfls as well.

Just keep them lights close and the temp good.

14. It has been two days, and still not much if any growth at all. Still just as green as before, no taller though. I keep the lights within 2 inches. I use two 23 watt 6500K CFL's on each. It is enough light, there is something else wrong I feel.

I don't use any nutrients, just tap water that has been sitting in containers for a few days, shaken up for aeration.

Are they possibly deficient in something? or "Locked out"?

I was told they grow like crazy in Veg, but this is not the case for me.

I'm worried!

15. Haha i see someone else has a wal mart lamp.

16. I just watered them yesterday, and it seemed to drain ok. The leaves were drooping a little, and they look better today since watering yesterday.

17. Your doing fine, your plant is fine, just give it time =) Mine did the same thing, so I gave it 24/0 when the first two leaves came in, now my plant is growing like crazy =) Just give it time buddy =)

18. your gonna need a way to test your ph.