Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why smoke blunts?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by gman7104, Aug 11, 2009.

1. #1 gman7104, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    Every time I ask this everyone always says they make you higher, but is there any science behind it>

Blunts burn the hottest, thus destroying the most THC as compared to bowls/bongs. It is the harshest smoke, which means the lowest hit, in addition to the smoke not being pure weed smoke.

Because they burn constantly, THC is lost, which means a lower high.

Finally, drawing from a blunt is very dragged, therfore less smoke goes deep into your lungs.

So why do people say they get higher? I personally don't.

Note that I understand why people use blunts. Hell, I love sparking up a fatty on friday night with my boys in a car. But if your just at home, why would you smoke a blunt over a bong/bowl?

2. The bigger hits get you higher faster.

3. theres more weed in them

4. they defiantly seem to get me higher. though i also love the thick smoke they give. why not smoke a blunt?

5. fatttttty blunts have big surface areas + fish bowling = huge hits, i fuckin love that shit son.

As for why smoke blunts; because their fucking legit thats why. hah, i drove into boston with some fellas on sunday and we fish bowled all the way down 95 storrow drive right to the pru, damn it was good.

6. It seems that you only detailed the drawbacks of blunts...

7. It's part of the culture man. I consider it to be a more chill high experience. Plus, the nicotine gives you a bit of a head rush with the THC high. It's particularly profound if you don't smoke cigarette's (like me). Furthermore, they burn slower than joint and are very good for communal smoking.

8. u put alot more weed in a blunt, than you pack in a regular bowl thus more weed more high ? if you put the same amount of weed that u put in a blunt into a bong, youd get so much higher :smoking:

9. a blunt wrap is tabbaco ..... tabbaco burns hotter witch allows the weed to get hotter ...i guess .......

but what i do know is that tabbaco will intensify your high ..... blunts fuck me up .... well they have to be big though .

10. I was detailing blunts in terms of the high. Not the convience of using them regardless.

11. ive been smoking from a pipe for most of my bud-days and just recently fixed up some blunts, blunts burn so even and thick, big hits, fun smoke, nice buzz, just what you need after work.

12. #12 ChrisSmokes, Aug 11, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2009
    why does it matter? it still gets you high.. And if you have some extra bud to spare, or wanna share with a few friends (you dont have to keep lighting it). Then it should'nt matter... if that made any sense at all:smoking: Plus they're more fun.. and easier to do tricks with.
    But if you're talking about the terms of the high.. they are definitely not more efficient like you said.. but usually when you smoke a blunt it's a lot more weed then you'd use for just a bowl or two. So i can see what people might be thinking when they say "Higher".

13. They're the easiest thing to smoke when your just out chillin with some people. Which is when im smoking most of the time. So its mostly l's for me :smoking:

14. Damn. i think the OP just school us..

15. :hello:

16. i smoke blunts cuz they last the longest (especially games!!!!) nd i just love the act of smokin in general so id rather hit a L for 15 plus mins then hit a 5 min bowl. dont get me wrong tho i got a bong sometimes i enjoy a nice pack nd i loving puttin the roaches in them!

17. blunts are the shit thats why.

just chilling with a couple blunts and a few good friends..best thing in the world.

They burn slow, get hella rips, last forever, taste good, get you high..whats not to like about them?

18. Many reasons too, not going to list cause tired as hell and someone probably already did in these 2 pages. But, for example.. Some like the culture it's usually used in and could be there preference in smoking cannabis, some like to smoke a lot without having to re-pack and smoke out everyone compared to just a blunt, etc.

But It's not nearly dramatic loss of D-9-THC smoking a blunt at all, but others you'll be able to get an higher % in content. :wave:

19. the only obvious drawback for me is when youre getting down to the roach and they start running a little hot, cant think of anything else besides ashes that i dont like bout blunts

20. Ive heard its about Temperature, and the length of time smoking the blunt. When you put it out, relight it, put it out, relight, supposedly every time you relight it, you get higher that time.

Thats what I have been told, but I haven't been told why that is..