Why shouldn't I transplant auto flowers?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by snyder1171, Mar 5, 2019.

1. I've heard that transplanting auto flowers will damage their growth, is this true?

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

2. That's what they say. I've transplanted many times, not sure if has slowed them down. If you know how to transplant properly, I doubt it has that much effect.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. stress autos dont respond well to stress and they just dont have any time to recover which means they will be stunted in growth. good luck keep stress a minimal throughout the whole grow.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Transplanted autos, just be super careful.

With autos always start with your final pot.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Wayyy ahead of you buddy 1551774011545.jpg

Sent from my LM-V350 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 1
  6. Transplanting is not a problem with autos - even Mephisto recommends starting their seeds in smaller containers and transplanting to larger.

• Like Like x 1
  7. I just don't get the starter pot deal. I guess u can Vegas more under ur lights lol. I never have problems directly in pot. Oh well I will run some regs this year and that is a reason I will do that

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  8. Veg lol

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. All I grow is autos. I have transplanted and not transplanted. My reason for transplanting was to enable me to pile on the high N veg formula with no concern for salting the medium and then go into fresh unfertilized medium to start the flower. On side by sides the transplanted plants were more stunted. Which for me is all relative since I purposely stunt my plants to keep them contained. I would say in 3 gallons or less transplanting to be unbeneficial. My largest 5 gallon plants were sown directly in the 5 gallon and never transplanted, and by harvest all I had was a 5 gallon bag of roots. You have 30 days on an auto to decide it's whole life future including the retirement plant.

• Winner Winner x 1