Why Resumés are pointless

Discussion in 'General' started by Matticus, Feb 10, 2009.

1. If you don't have a whole lot of experience working in the field you are trying to get in, a resumé is pointless.

Why companies don't simply ask you to write a letter explaining why they should be hired, I don't know.

I gotta say, my resume is pretty thin. In fact, I don't even have one. I can tell you I've worked as a marketing intern for a theater company for a few months, and that I've spent the last year and a half working at a hotel, but is that really important?

I think the initial process that is normally designated for handing over a resumé should instead be a letter (for most places, this is the cover letter) explaining why you would be a valuable asset to the company. A video should also be enough to suffice.

The only thing a well written resumé is good for is showing your ability to write a resume, yet companies seem to value resumés as an initial weeding-out process a whole lot.

2. Your way of weeding out would weed out too many Haha too many dumb people man! :eek: