Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why Quitting Causes Mood Swings Or Irritability

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by viva420, Jul 22, 2014.

1. Hey guys, it's been a while since I've come here and I want to ask for your insight on an issue I'm having. I've been using again and usually it's one vapor session every 2 days. I don't want to drag this out too long, but I want to know why when I quit for 3 or 4 days I become more irritated by people and less relaxed and less easy going. The strains I've been vaping are Holy Grail and the CBD dominant Pre '98 Bubba. It doesn't seem to matter which strain though, when I quit for 3 to 4 days it's harder to socialize with people and I become less easy going.

2. #2 SMOCATRON, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014
    Obviously, it's because weed chills you out.
    You need to find another way to relax.
    Jerkin' the gherkin is not a bad solution.

• Like Like x 4
  3. There's got to be more to it than that. Some science behind it.

4. Oh boy here we go with another withdrawal thread. Please op use the search function.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I'm sure this was brought up before, I don't doubt that. It's just that I want to know the science behind why we get like this. For me it's really awkward talking to fellow students and teachers after I reach the three day mark and I can almost feel the cannabinoids exiting my body. But if that's true, how come it typically takes weeks to become clean for a drug test? I just want to know the science behind this, that's tall.

6. ^^^ this. It's simply a withdrawal issue. That's it. Same as quitting cigarettes, alcohol, heroin... whatever

7. Time to grow up...

A kid cant have ice cream for breakfast and you cant use sobriety as a crutch for being a moody little girl.

Get a grip.

• Like Like x 4
  8. Science? There is science to this?

• Like Like x 1
  9. Because weed like any other drug you use regularly IS adictive..  Psycologically if not physically..

• Like Like x 1
  10. #10 chzdgg, Jul 22, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 22, 2014

Anything can be habit forming whether it's jerking off, working out, drinking coffee or cannabis.

Fixed.

Ugh, dude. Come on.

It IS that simple. That IS the science behind it. When you smoke weed your body is taking in extra THC and releasing endorphins that literally make you more chill and relaxed.

Obviously, if you quit smoking, those chemical releases are gonna go down. 

And for the love of fucking god, if you claim you have withdrawals from pot you need to get your mental stability checked.

After going through a real fucking drug addiction, you would understand pot withdrawals don't exist.

Million times this.

• Like Like x 3
  12. I find that my hormones seem to be why I hate everyone who talks to me at times

13. I may need to get my mental stability checked.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Its comparable to cigarets. Worst case scenario you take paper clip to pipe. Like a smoker would go snipe for a old butt. Yes its addicting so is caffeine, sugar, and masterbation

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's something to do with the cannabinoids staying in your system and having an effect on the endocannabinoid system for a while after you smoke. I have seen medical patients report relief from symptoms of their illness for a day or two after toking.

When the cannabinoids wear off, I don't know what happens but it's either you subconsciously aren't as chilled out and realise this and it causes you to become angry and easier to set off, or sometimes your mind can be a little foggy because the receptors are burnt out so you can't think as well and that can make you angry. Just things that vary from person to person biologically and psychologically.

It's not just being a bitch, there is definitely something scientific behind it because I and many of my friends have experienced the same thing.

Whenever there was a drought of weed in my country and nobody could get any, we would all be on the xbox playing COD and everyone would rage so hard compared to normal when we would be high and chilled and laughing and talking shit. With no weed we where like rabies infested animals screaming at 10 year olds and shit.

There have been other examples in my past that lead me to believe there is something to this phenomenon. 

It reminds me of someone telling me about how when he was high, he would be really wary of things. Like he was wanted and was really paranoid about people busting into his house when he was high and he said if he was high and someone bust in he would scream like a little girl, but when he was sober he would be angry as fuck and grab a hammer to beat them with it.

Seems to relate to how cannabinoids interact with the emotional system.

16. The worst thing I noticed when I went on a T-break was my anxiety came back and my foot pain. Otherwise I found myself having a harder time sleeping. The sleeping issue I have heard from people I know who smoke.

17. #17 TokingSince96, Jul 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2014
    Scientifically speaking for dummies. Its all in your fat calls, along with some other canabanoid receptors in your body. The fat craving thc causes mild physical withdrawal. The receptors cause a mild mental withdrawal. The mental withdrawal is compounded, especially in heavy users. The the lack of the habitual process. Wether vaping, smoking, edible,alcohol, or solvent concentrate.

18. This:

Attached Files:

• why.jpg
      why.jpg
      File size:
      23.4 KB
      Views:
    • Like Like x 3
  19. Lol

• Like Like x 1
  20. The science is a psychological dependence.  Simple as that.  It may not be what we want to hear, but hey, it's true.