Why People Smoke Weed to Treat Depression?

Discussion in 'Marijuana News' started by Chrisfrancy, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Thanks for the reply

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hit the nail on the head! It seems to just equal me out. I'm chill, laid back and still can be focused.

• Like Like x 2
  3. I've been dealing with chronic pain for over 12 years. I have multiple neck fusions, fibromyalgia, arthritis, and this is not the complete list. After 12 years on opiates and assorted SSRI's and anti-milaryia drugs, I'm finding some daylight with cannabis. My drug intake is less than 1/3 rd of 1 year ago. Is this a perfect solution? What is perfect? I do know that I would be much better off if cannabis had been available to me when my pain became overwhelming. Most of the SSRI's are gone, so if you are asking specifically about depression... Big improvement. Cannabis is not just "escape" as some posters suggested, it works to increase the release of serotonin. The science is out there to prove it. The anxiety that seems to come from being sick this long is tougher and requires care in choice of strains.

With all those provisions, am I better off? 1000% yes!

4. Cause getting high is fun as shit. Haha everything's fuckin funny as all and smoking just puts you in a GREAT mood. It does for me at least :)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Best way to find out next time u have a panick attack or anxiety real bad reach for the bong and not the prescription bottle. Most of the time we use that excuse. But now that weed is being accepted, better than alcohol to relax. Hell even a cigar can relax u.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. It helps my depression and anxiety. I found out when living in California and a friend said I should try it. Was curious, and it worked. All it takes is a few good tokes once or twice a week and I'm good. If the week is an unusually stressful one, I might have to get a toke or two a day. Why do I do it? It works for me. Will it work for others? No idea. I just wish I didn't have to hide like a criminal and worry about potentially losing everything for consuming something that helps me function. Maybe one of these days. If I could afford it, I'd move to a more friendly state, but that is just not an option.

• Like Like x 1
  7. It all depends on the strain u r smoking. Sativa dom strains will help with depression in the sense that it’s an upbeat social “happy” high. But if u stay at home alone then may not work so well

8. One day hopefully all states is legal. Like here in canada on oct 17th we got weed legal for recreational use i can walk 2 blocks to the pot shop for my medicine. It helps with my depression n adhd also anxity i have them all. Michigan is in line to get recreational pot. Were allowed 30 grams on us in public and we can grow 4 plants per household . It truly helps alot of people.