why people laugh at creationist

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by blazeallday2479, Apr 22, 2010.

1. I wish we could all imagine a world without heaven, like Lennon said.
    Then we could all truly be one nation.

Long sigh...

2. i took a evolutional bio class and after seeing the empirical evidence i am convinced that a white robed man creating the universe is bullshit. there is just to much evidence. moreover, there is evidence that the beginning of life on earth happened from the combining of nonliving organic molecules with electricity (probably from lightning) in an atmosphere that had very little oxygen (cause oxygen is corrosive and makes it nearly impossible for life to form spontaniously). they have done experiments using closed system with an "atmosphere" that is similar to what existed on earth when life was supposedly first formed and been able to create different organic molecules by zapping the mixture with electricity or some shit.

but to me, if god exists in a dimension we have no control over (we live in the third and hes in some higher dimension) why should we care? can we affect any outcome of our life by praying to "him" or pleasing "him'? why do we care?

but what makes me sad is knowing that we have no real purpose to living other than pleasing ourselves and perpetuating the species. (i guess u could look at it like we get to make our own purpose but....whats the point?)

and i want to note that some religious principle are advantageous to our society. be nice to your neighbor and such, but just because they are perpetuated by a religion doesnt mean that that principle wouldnt be true without religion perpetuating it.

idk, my 2 cents.

3. Sounds like too many of you "believe" what the man wants you to believe by putting it in a book. The only thing in school I could state as fact was in a math book. Math is the only truth we have... Science is just experiements and history is just heresay.

4. And religous texts are what? Enlightenment fashion out of glowing sprit energy?

are you saying: you are stupid for beleving books because my book said so?

5. science is just experiments haha have you heard of the scientific method?

• Ask a Question
    • Do Background Research
    • Construct a Hypothesis
    • Test Your Hypothesis by Doing an Experiment
    • Analyze Your Data and Draw a Conclusion
    • Communicate Your Results
    experiments that figure shit out using oh whats that math yep math. thanks for playing though.

6. Trying to start a fight homeboy? Way to create things out of thin air. I never even mentioned the Bible. Never read it either (couldn't get past the names in Genesis). I said M-A-T-H not
    Bible. Math is a common truth for all religions and countries that, when educated, you know is true.

I suppose the bible could be true to some and false to others, just depends on your belief system. But whatever the case, Im sure you can agree that math makes the world go round.

7. Science at it's purest level IS maths. Maths is a science.
    the two are one and the same.

8. na no fight i never mentioned the bible either i mentioned how you were wrong about your depiction of science which as geido is essentially math