why people laugh at creationist

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by blazeallday2479, Apr 22, 2010.

1. Ignorance is bliss:cool:

2. You can't be serious.

3. Actually I am very serious, the only "facts" science has the is ones we believe, facts are nothing but oponions, facts are just more popular.

4. You should check out this thing called logic its pretty bomb.

5. Logic much like ignorance is merely based on perspective. I am ignorant to your way of thinking and therefore appear to be illogical to you.

6. ignorance is the root of all suffering. knowledge is power

7. We'll yea, science and religion are two totally different things. They shouldn't be together. But God isn't scientifically impossible, and seven days is a long time to make sure we need faith.

8. I just feel like theres something larger then us out there and some people felt it and described it in the ways we see in the religions past and present. I feel like everyone shouldn't rely on other peoples ideas and simply come up with your own idea of God,the infinite or whatever. You give other people power when you subscribe to their rules when theres not a damn thing different about what they came up with.

hella baked and i love talkin to u guys nothin personal in this shitttt

9. string theory presents this: once you get deep enough into the microcosm, "strings" are as far as we can go. these hypothetical, one-dimensional "things" make up quarks and so forth. these "strings" are not matter, they are vibrations. they are sound. thus everything we know about the tangible world, is a song.

along with this, quantum physicists have discovered that SCIENTIFIC RESULTS ARE NOT OBJECTIVE. how? because as far as a fact is concerned, it is a fact that the results are related to the observer. in other words, we get a result when we are looking, and another when we are not. thus you see, there is a relation/connection that is subjected to the observer and what is being observed. this can also be seen as the observer having control over the result. BUT THAT DOES NOT MEAN THE OBSERVER MAKES A CONSCIOUS(WAKING) DECISION TO AFFECT THE RESULTS.

the multiverse, or better stated, the omniverse is the notion of infinite universes. so to the point that every individual has their own "verse" or "song", and in fact can have an infinite amount of their own "verses".

again there is more to you than you know. there are 12 dimensions, but you can only see 3. you have an Id and a superego, but the you that is reading this, that is currently aware, is only the ego. you have a past and a future, yet you can only perceive the present, at any point in time, EVER.

so just cause we cant see/conceive things in the physical plane, doesn't mean they are not there, just because you don't like what has happened to you, doesn't mean you didn't make it happen.

everything is subjective. god is everything. i am subjective. I AM GOD.

10. science.. ice water steam
    religion.. father son holy spirit
    god.. god.. god.. god

11. You seem to be describing two different interpretations of quantum physics, which do not fit together well. The observe effect adheres to the Copenhagen interpretation, whereas the idea of multpile universes comes from the many-worlds interpretation which does not include an observer effect. I don't think they can both be correct.

And why even bring up psychoanalysis? Freud's theories were not empirically derived and have basically no merit. However, I do agree with you that just because we can't see things doesn't mean they aren't there, but we should have good reason to believe they are.

Is english your first language?

12. Computers, laws of gravity and motion, fridges, lightbulbs, cars, electricity, radio and tv, radiation, medicines, bacteria, the atomic theory, the habor process which alone feeds 2/3 of the planet, contraception, angular momentum, evolution, water sanitation, sewerage, weather prediction, satellites, HD TVs, electric musical instruments, speakers, mp3s and much much more, all random guess work?

Seriously what has religion achieved in the last 2000 years compared to science in terms of improving standards of living for people?

You can keep your stupid ideas, but do not try and piss in the fountain of knowledge which we depend upon for our standards of living and interconnectivity by passing off religious dogma as fact when we know better now. The earth is not 6000 years old and evolution is a fact and is based on more empirical evidence than you would have someone commited as a murderer for, ie. eye witnesses and fingerprints.

I don't think you understand how the scientific method works if you think it is all opinion. It is the most rigorous tool we have for finding out how things work.

13. I honestly have no idea where to begin with you. I am not religious, I have no care for religion and I know it is complete and utter bullshit.

What I was referring to when I said science was the big bang theory and the Theory(you left that out) of evolution. I just assumed people would pick up on that since this thread is about such topics, my bad.

Now that we got that out of the way. Would you care to enlightment me on exactly how this evolution works? Or even on how the earth was actually made? It all started with some sort of magical explosion of matter right? Then a whole bunch of other stuff happenend like magic rocks hitting eachother to form planets, and then a microorganism sprang up and evolved into everything on the earth. Was that before or after the earth stopped being utterly inhabital due to the poisonus gas and lack of an atomsphere? I mean the sun rays were still burning the planet and I don't think the majority of the magma was yet cooled. But somehow that little microorganism managed to come here and evolve. How exactly is that any harder to believe than a magic man in a white beard?

A fact is nothing more than an undisputed oponion. First it was religion, now its science, 300 years now from now it will be another rehashed theory.

I could careless like I said, I live and die that is all I need. I was not there at the creation of the universe, all that matters is that I am here.

(Stupid is also based on perspective.)

14. Most likely that fist micro bacteria didn't land here while it was still magma and lava. And that theory is better than a man in a white robe created all of us cause humans have only been on earth for a little while. i was watchin Carl sagan and he put the whole universe on the scale of one calendar month and humans have been here since the last seconds of the last day on the calendar. hope you got that kinda hard to explain but I'll look for the video and post it if i can.

15. I missed out the theory by accident, but notice that i left the theory in for atomic theory and you didn't comment on that? Even though it was discovered around the same time as evolution and has a smaller range of evidence supporting it? The earth being round, atoms and evolution are all theories, but supported by so much evidence they are for the sake of argument fact, they are disprovable though; find a fossil in a layer of rock before mammals of a rabbit and you might have a point. You say you aren't religious but how else do you explain the variation of life on this planet if not through natural selection?

My perspective is that you are stupid, but thats just my opinion.

Now that we have gotten that out of the way. Can you explain anything by saying "magic man done it"? That is the alternative. You might as well just say, I don't know; because that's basically all religion is, a place holder until we find out how shit actually works.

If you do not understand how evolution works, do what I did, read a fucking book and look at the evidence supporting it. If you manage to get through The Greatest Show On Earth : The Evidence For Evolution by Richard Dawkins without understanding evolution and seeing it as a fact I would be surprised.

"A fact is nothing more than an undisputed oponion. First it was religion, now its science, 300 years now from now it will be another rehashed theory." This is just a complete and utter crock of shit. A fact is not just an undisputed opinion, it is something which is objectively true for anyone. It is a fact that the earth is round, it's not just an opinion, it is backed up by evidence. Religion and science aren't even mutually exclusive, as much as I would like them to be. Some great scientists believed in a god. The whole point of science is that it progresses though, and to say it is just opinion is a slap in the face to all the great people who make this world a better place by dedicating their live's, sometimes in vein, to the pursuit of knowledge.

Religion may be based completely on faith and opinion but science is not, stop saying it is.

"I could careless like I said, I live and die that is all I need. I was not there at the creation of the universe, all that matters is that I am here." Well go live in a cave until the old age of 30 like you would be if it weren't for knowledge and the fruits it brings.

and on that bombshell im off to lie down in a bath filled with hot centrally heated water whilst streaming a tv show over my wireless to my laptop which I will place on my water flushed toilet. All this possible due to wild speculation and opinion.

16. This series should be called "Why people laugh at idiots"' not creationists haha.

There are stupid people amongst every belief.

17. Man you really aren't getting what he's trying to say are you? Just because a fact is an undisputed opinion doesn't mean it can't still be true. Why do you keep assuming that he despises knowledge? Just because he thinks facts are opinions doesn't mean he's against them.

Again, just because facts are opinions does not mean they can't still be true. It is everyone opinion that the earth is round, but what is "round" really? It's just an idea created by man. What are "atoms"? Just a way for man to express the smallest observable units of life. We have no idea what they really are.

Just because you believe there's a God/creator/higher consciousness doesn't mean you have to believe in religion. In fact most of the believers I've met aren't christians, they aren't anything, they form idea's on their own.

18. yeah and exploding ball creating all matter in the universe makes more sense than a magic white robbed man in the sky.

One god made more sense than a pantheon of gods at the time. So now no god makes more sense then one god. What next?

19. :confused::confused::confused: I don't get it. We use language to describe reality.

20. Why do you always mis-interpret things....When I said I could careless is was talking about the big picture, I don't care how/why/when/where we're here. Why do humans crave the answer is it that big of a deal.

And yet again you assume I am talking about science as a whole. I am only referring to evolution and big bang theory.