why people hate Jews

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by windchime159, Mar 24, 2011.

1. alot of people hate Jews, alot of people on here iv noticed to be very anti-semetic even, suprising for a pot forum...

i had a thought the other day, lets say they are god's "chosen people", what would that mean?

i think that their way of life is amazing honestly and i respect them greatly, i thought maybe god created their culture to be the full potential of human society and that they reflect god's nature in their way of life

that made me think of a quote i heard "the only ones we hate are those that represent the parts of ourselves we are not yet willing/ready to love"

this would explain to me the cause of all the intense anti semetism that exists throughout history and currently in the minds of several people already reading these words who have already stopped considering my idea and are getting ready to submit their reasons for why jews are terrible and why Israel is a horrible country ect.

and i was gonna say "please dont bring politics into this thread" but you know what.... go ahead... i dare ya

2. when we say that we're G-d's chosen people, we don't mean that we are any better than anybody else. sometimes it can be quite the opposite. israel was scattered because of her unwillingness to follow G-d, and we are still scattered today. there are divisions within the house of israel for this very reason.

we are G-d's chosen people because we were the ones, on mount sinai, who covenanted with the Creator to follow His Torah- His Law. actually, according to kabbalah, we made this covenant before we even came to this earth. these laws are not arbitrary and they serve a very real purpose: healing the world. each commandment that a jew fulfills brings all of us, as a human race, closer to that Tziyon (zion) society that is promised us by the Creator. because we made this covenant, we are under greater condemnation when we do not abide by His Law.

this doesnt mean that G-d doesnt love every body else. He does, and He always has. its just that, before this world was even created G-d asked all of the pre-existent souls "which of you will follow my Torah" and all those who obliged became the jews. this Torah is immutable and uncreated. it is how the world operates...a system of checks and balances of sorts. the rest of the souls still have a law to follow, commonly called the noachide laws- laws of noah. they are as follows-

1. no murder
    2. no idolatry (non-jews can worship a different god than the G-d of Israel, but they should remain faithful. the talmud also describes the no idolatry law as putting off the world, something an atheist can still fulfill)
    3. no theft
    4. no sexual immorality
    5. no blasphemy (largely meaning to respect others beliefs)
    6. no eating meat that was taken from an animal who was still alive
    7. establishing a judicial system

so we are not chosen because we are better, we are chosen because we CHOSE to follow G-d's Torah. we, as a human race, all have an obligation to heal the world. each time a commandment is carried out (even the noachide ones) the world heals just a little bit more, and the sparks of the Creator throughout creation get just a little brighter.

does that make sense?

3. Jews are hated by everyone because they've always been the ones to handle and deal with money, and their collective wealth is a result of this. The Christians weren't allowed, but the Jews were, and they profited from it greatly, and everyone resented them for it.

4. First off I'll start by saying I denounce god and religion as a whole. So my views aren't biased because of those factors.

I am not prejudice or anti-semitic. I merely have encountered enough people of certain races and religions to fairly judge my own personal opinion of them. I do not like most of them.

Now, before you go and call me a biggot, let me explain.

If a jewish or African American person comes to me, I don't automatically dislike them. I give them a fair chance, as a human being, they deserve that. But 99% of them have let me down. Do I have black friends? Yes, very few though, and can't hang out with them if they are all together because they act different. What it comes down to is a lot of races and religions are predispositioned to be a certain way. Are all of them that way? No. Which is why I give them the benefit of the doubt, but they all end up letting me down.

But who am I to say, I dislike most people regardless of their religious affiliation or race.

5. I don't hate the Jews, but both Islam and Christianity are bastard children of Judaism. All three of these monotheistic religions have steered their followers into becoming enemies of natural law. They've spread like a cancer, and the world's survival doesn't look very promising thanks to their influence.

6. i blame howard stern

7. #8 gedio, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    I havn't noticed anyone.
    I have noticed people throwing around the word 'anti-semetic' far too easily.
    Usually the same people who use the 'you're playing the race card' argument.
    Funny really.

8. Wer'nt the Jews the children of Adam ? Didnt God create lesser "men and wimmen" on the 6th day, and then create Adam to be His special host on day 7?

Didnt God create "men and wimmen" to be hosts for some angels on day 6, and then seperatly make Adam for Himself to dwell in on day 7? Aint this why the Jews we'r differant? It was cause they wer from a diferant race. They we'r told not to covet theyr neibors wives. Theyr neibors we'r the hosts of "them" wer'nt they?

9. no. the old testament never makes these claims. the old testament is a book for Jews, written by Jews. because of the intricacies of that period of human history the Jews felt that G-d was compelling them to remain separate from the rest of the world. the old testament still affirms that all of mankind are the children of Adam and Eve

because of the fact that the time period in which the Bible was written is much different than today its wrong to expect that the ideas found there in would match up with the ideas and beliefs of today

10. Cause jews like ball outta control. you jelly?

11. Just bc someone makes fun of jews doesn't mean they hate them :D

Just sayin I dont think there are really many anti-semetic people on here, honestly Jews are just easy to sterotype

12. QTF.

And why is it that jews are to only marry other jews? And if they marry a non-jew their entire family shuns them and will have nothing to do with them? It is to keep their race "pure"? To keep the money with in their own kind? And why is it that jews also hate other jews? There is a hierarchy within the jewish community as well. Some see themselves as higher than others, they would slit each others throats or back stab a "friend" in a second if it meant profit.

13. As a jew i really dont notice a lot of anti-semitism here although im new. Rasta Viking i think a lot of jews marry other jews because the religion is dying. when i was a kid i remember my parents always wanted me to marry someone jewish because a lot of the time when a jew marries someone of another religion their children are not raised jewish. I believe i heard that their are less jews now than there were right after the holocaust.

14. this is clearly not a problem of just Jews, but of depraved humankind in general. nice try though

why do Christians usually only marry Christians. or Muslims only Muslims? why do some black people go through life only dating blacks, and the same for whites and Asians?

its only a difficult question to answer if you're ignorant of human nature

15. That doesn't explain why they are shunned. Christians USUALLY marry Christians, but their families don't stop talking to them if they choose to marry someone else.

16. #17 1Trismegistus1, Mar 25, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2011
    Type in "Understanding Antisemitism" on youtube, and that is why people hate Jews. Warning, very racist (although very informative) video.

Also, yes, Jews are a race, and also a religion, but they are Semitic people and have racial features the way Negroids and Caucasoids have certain definable features on the whole. It urks me when people try to say that Jewish people aren't a race. Yes the proper term is Semite, but they call themselves Jews, just like "black" is a race but it's technically "Negroid" and white is technically "Caucasoid". An atheist who was born into Catholicism doesn't call himself catholic, an atheist Semitic person keeps the title Jew. Also you can't be "half Christian" like you can be "half Jewish".

17. THANK YOU 1Trismegistus1! I have had that same argument with sooo many people I am glad someone understands.

18. ^It's a religion and a race. But it's a religion first. If you say you're Jewish, you're a Jew... even if you're from another planet, there is still one God.

--

People hate Jews because they are asleep... antsemitism is a by-product of their duality.

19. Why do many Christians and Muslims traditionally only marry within the religion. Why do they often hate each other?