Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why on craigslist is all the weed called kush?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by jvsdiojisio, Dec 20, 2013.

1. #1 jvsdiojisio, Dec 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 20, 2013
    Nothing comes up when I search weed, pot, purple haze, or any other sativa strains. But when I search kush, OG kush, purple kush searches come up for both all of them. Is this just because everyone calls everything kush or do they really just all sell kush?

I live in Canada by the way.

2. Here you just type MMJ (Medical Marijuana) and hundreds pop up. If you don't have medical cannabis in your state, then I don't know. It's littered in the health and beauty section.

And people call it kush in certain places because people correlate "kush" with high quality even though that's not necessarily the case. Can't stand people who call every single strain they get kush. Pet peeve type of thing I guess.

3. You type that on craigslist you mean and it all shows up?

Basically this. Everyone's heard of kush, chances are if someone hasn't smoked weed (Which is probably the case if they're looking on craigslist), or at least hasn't smoked in a while, they've almost definitely still heard good things about "kush." Also, I'm not calling you a newbie or anything, I'm just saying that most of the people that do what you're doing don't have any connections because they never made any, the fact that you were looking for sativa probably means you're most likely reasonably experienced. Anyways, yeah, it's like those guys that will always tell you they have bomb shit and/or tell you they're selling Sour Diesel (You wouldn't believe how many douche bags have tried to tell me or people I'm with that obvious lower-than-mids indica is some popular dank sativa strain).

Where? That stuff is rare, its all hybrids of it now.  :cry:

6. Where do you live?

963 Imnotadumbass Lane

Thats in Wyoming.

8. By "that stuff" do you mean dominant sativa's or purple haze specifically?

9. #10 Pie Romania, Dec 20, 2013

If you're directing the bolded @ me, I'm far from a newbie and I know quite a few growers directly. I do look on craigslist every 2 weeks or so just to see what's there, but I've never seen anything on there that is visually better than anything I've ever had in the last 5 years. If it was at OP, then alrighty, lol.

Edit: and @ OP, just type "MMJ" without the quotes into craigslist and see what you get (that is, if you have medical marijuana in your state).

10. You just answered why I typed kush, which isn't even true, though I was asking why they post it all as kush?

11. #12 420Stitches, Dec 20, 2013

Lol it was directed towards OP, but I wasn't calling anyone a newbie. I was saying most people that want to get weed through craigslist probably don't have any personal connections, and most people that currently smoke weed or have recently smoked weed have connections so they wouldn't need to go on craigslist, so the people on there calling it "kush" are most likely following that logic and are trying to draw in newer smokers that won't know it isn't kush and have most likely heard great things about it (Stoner movies, music, friends, those annoying people that use kush as a synonym for marijuana, etc...).

Uhh, no, I'm saying that they call it kush because everyone's heard of it. I know my post was a little long but if you don't wanna read it ignore it, don't just pick one or two sentences from it and comment on them.

Here's what I was saying, since apparently my previous comment was hard to understand:
    Most people have probably heard rappers and other various people praise "kush," so if a newer smoker sees some guy selling "kush" they won't know any better and will most likely buy it because they associate kush with awesome-quality weed and can't tell the difference yet.

Hopefully you get what I was saying now. I never attempted to explain why you typed kush, why the fuck would I try to tell you what goes on in your own head? That doesn't make sense. I was, indeed, trying to answer your question - why they post it all as kush.

12. So you're saying  they sell kush and rip you off with indica as in the real kush? Or they just give you low quality weed that could be sativa?

On another note, you need to smoke weed and chill.

13. Honestly, there are just some people that you could break down every single aspect about that specific strain of cannabis you're looking to sell on craigslist in terms of smell, taste, potency (with testing numbers), the real strain name, genetics, yada yada yada and they would still ask you, "Is it kush though?"......

lol. Bottom line? If you're in an area where people are like this, just tell them everything you're selling is kush and bank off of their stupidity. That's what people in those types of areas are doing and it apparently works.

14. I don't know why people get pissed, this is a legit quesiton. Cause all the weed there is called kush, you can't find any sativa strains. That's why I'm curious and it makes it legit.

Feeling pretty good tonight. My bad I misread your post, lol. If there was anything I actually would consider snagging off of craigslist, it would be good trim at a good price to convert to serviceable oil, but I know enough people personally that I don't NEED to use craigslist. It's nice knowing its there just in case, but again, the quality is sub-par for the area. It's where people go to sell their stuff because it's not good to sell itself by word of mouth. The prices on there are equal or higher than what I get regularly and significantly less quality as well.

Now I want to go look out of boredom.

Lol I'm high ATM, I don't know why but I have the tendency to sound much less chill when I type than I do IRL, for example in a couple of the last sentences when I was saying "Why would I try to tell you what goes on in your own head?" or whatever, the bolding was to emphasize words that I'd emphasize if I was actually talking and I swore because I swear all the fucking time, not because I'm angry but because I just do haha. In reality I would have stated that rather calmly and meant it more as a "I'm not stupid enough to say that" lol. Actually I probably would have forgotten what I was gonna say mid-sentence. One of the benefits of typing while high (As opposed to talking) is that I have as long as I want to make sure what I say makes sense xD

I hate to agree with you...

but I agree with you... People that can't tell the difference between shit weed and good weed (Or just don't care) obviously shouldn't be sold dank stuff they won't appreciate. Of course there's a line between that and selling someone seedy schwag that'll barely get them a buzz and calling that kush.

Unless you were referring to me I don't think anyone here is pissed, and hopefully after clarifying you don't think I am/was pissed either.

Anyways, my point is one of those strains might be sativa, you just don't know unless you can actually get your hands on the bud. It could be good or bad, indica or sativa, but they'll call it kush because that's what people know.

Oh and, from experience, if your area is anything like mine... good fucking luck getting some sativa. Evidently everyone wants indica, but I like sativa for the buzz and positive effects on my depression, and I rarely get a hold of it. The only two good sativa strains I've had up here are AK-47 and Green Crack, both of which I was able to get for only a short period of time and then it was back to indica/indica-dominant, and the AK-47 was when I was fairly new to smoking... getting totally fucked on sativa while you're not that experienced does not make for a particularly good time lol.

Huh, I've been wanting to get my hands on some oil and that's actually a pretty good idea. I made dry-press hash with some saved up kief from my grinder and I loved it, but I don't wanna risk using a decent amount of bud to make a small amount of oil only to fuck it up and ruin the end result, thus wasting my weed, so grabbing trimmings would probably be a cheaper way to do it. 

The only thing is, craigslist seems so damn sketchy to me. I mean, assuming the guy isn't gonna fuck you over somehow, how do you know he isn't a cop? Or is weed legal by you?

18. [quote name="420Stitches" post="19197460" timestamp="1387526967"]Huh, I've been wanting to get my hands on some oil and that's actually a pretty good idea. I made dry-press hash with some saved up kief from my grinder and I loved it, but I don't wanna risk using a decent amount of bud to make a small amount of oil only to fuck it up and ruin the end result, thus wasting my weed, so grabbing trimmings would probably be a cheaper way to do it. The only thing is, craigslist seems so damn sketchy to me. I mean, assuming the guy isn't gonna fuck you over somehow, how do you know he isn't a cop? Or is weed legal by you?[/quote]LOL I'm in Washington State and I'm a medical patient....tons of choices. CL is sketch...I don't recommend it unless you're desperate and at least a medical patient. Even then It's iffy... Sent from my HTC420 while being high as fuck!