Why oh why Maryjane?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Jheankhrist, Aug 5, 2012.

1. Haven't posted a thread in a long while and felt like this one should be posted.
    I'd like some opinions and maybe somebody here has experienced the same.

About a year and half ago I got real sick to the stomach, at first I thought it was maybe food poisoning or just a stomach virus. So I did what I do best which was to light up and smoke my pains away. The pains would go away somewhat and I was able to relax once more, but as soon as i woke the next morning "Boom!" there it was again, uncontrollable puking and horrible stomach pain.

This went on for about a week or so of just puking/stomach pains with weed just making it bearable no longer making me feel better. The pain got so bad that i wasn't even able to get out of bed to smoke, so I went sober for about 5-8 days when all of the sudden I woke up one morning and felt 100% fine.

Long story short about 6 months passed since my 1st problem, and then there it was again the same symptoms. This time i was worried because after a week of non stop puking i lost 13 pounds and was looking very sick, couldn't even hold water in my stomach much less saltine crackers. So I drove my ass to the ER where i was given every x-ray, CT scan test imaginable and the doc's found nothing.

Doctors usually ask what the patients drinking habits are along with any drug use. At 1st I declined his invitation to let him know i burned like a forest fire, but on my 3rd visit to the ER in just a week I finally gave in and informed him I smoked a copious amount of marijuana. He informed that was my problem and gave me information on a syndrome called "Cannaboid Hypermeresis" sure enough I called bullshit, but he promised me that if I stopped smoking my symptoms would be relieved and life will go on as normal.

Turns out this PHD wielding mother fucker was right, I have been about 4 months sober and the symptoms never came back and I feel great. Im able to eat anything and keep in the stomach, I was able to gain 20 pounds and honestly feel better overall. Now whether he is correct about having the syndrome or not weed was the culprit in this scenario no doubt about it, so I had to go from smoking salesman to just salesman.

Anyone ever experienced something like this or similar? I smoked an ounce a month of dank from 9th grade till recently and i'm 23.

2. Do a GC search for "cannabinoid hypermeresis." There's a huge thread on it already, with a bunch of ignorant potheads crying "nuh uh, there are no negatives to weed!"

Seriously, it's hilarious to see. As with any other drug, some people just don't respond well to weed. It happens.

3. I did a search on Google not long ago, and I guess it's pretty rare or some shit.
    I been smoking for years since before I started having problems that's why it was so hard to believe at 1st.
    Everything in excess will cause problems though "too much of a good thing can become a bad thing"

4. That's shitty to hear man.

5. Thanks man
    its not that bad though i occasionally get the urge to burn since its always around, but i have delve into other things like DMT just to get the fun rolling :hello: shit was intense.

6. Fun stuff right there. Is it all forms of cannabis (edibles and the like) or just smoking it?

7. Well I have tried smoking hash out of a vaporizer and that didn't work.
    Tried smoking hash oil and that was even worse.
    I'm pretty sure it's any consumption of THC, haven't tried edibles out of fear it will come back lol....shit hurts.

8. Yeah absolutism gets people nowhere.....this kind of shit is the one thing i don't like about this forum. We are attempting to fight Prohibition but that doesn't mean we need to put cannabis on an ethereal pedestal. Weed fucks some people up (negatively lol.) Whether this is social, mental or physical, and while these cases are relatively rare on this forum, cannabis is a psychoactive DRUG with side effects. Personally, socially and physically I react to it very well, and love it with all my heart, but even I've come to the conclusion that I need to get active and get my shit together before i sit down to smoke my weed at the end of the day.

9. streetsaint explains it well. just like any other drug or food or plant or whatever, there are miracle seeming drugs like marijuana but have bad side effects on some people. my friend's brother burned for like 6 years or so and within the last year he became epileptic and realized every seizure he's ever had has been triggered by smoking pot. so he quit smoking pot and it never happened again. although i think edibles were okay for him but he's since lost interest in those. this was in 2008

10. [quote name='"Jheankhrist"']Haven't posted a thread in a long while and felt like this one should be posted.
    I'd like some opinions and maybe somebody here has experienced the same.

About a year and half ago I got real sick to the stomach, at first I thought it was maybe food poisoning or just a stomach virus. So I did what I do best which was to light up and smoke my pains away. The pains would go away somewhat and I was able to relax once more, but as soon as i woke the next morning "Boom!" there it was again, uncontrollable puking and horrible stomach pain.

This went on for about a week or so of just puking/stomach pains with weed just making it bearable no longer making me feel better. The pain got so bad that i wasn't even able to get out of bed to smoke, so I went sober for about 5-8 days when all of the sudden I woke up one morning and felt 100% fine.

Long story short about 6 months passed since my 1st problem, and then there it was again the same symptoms. This time i was worried because after a week of non stop puking i lost 13 pounds and was looking very sick, couldn't even hold water in my stomach much less saltine crackers. So I drove my ass to the ER where i was given every x-ray, CT scan test imaginable and the doc's found nothing.

Doctors usually ask what the patients drinking habits are along with any drug use. At 1st I declined his invitation to let him know i burned like a forest fire, but on my 3rd visit to the ER in just a week I finally gave in and informed him I smoked a copious amount of marijuana. He informed that was my problem and gave me information on a syndrome called "Cannaboid Hypermeresis" sure enough I called bullshit, but he promised me that if I stopped smoking my symptoms would be relieved and life will go on as normal.

Turns out this PHD wielding mother fucker was right, I have been about 4 months sober and the symptoms never came back and I feel great. Im able to eat anything and keep in the stomach, I was able to gain 20 pounds and honestly feel better overall. Now whether he is correct about having the syndrome or not weed was the culprit in this scenario no doubt about it, so I had to go from smoking salesman to just salesman.

Anyone ever experienced something like this or similar? I smoked an ounce a month of dank from 9th grade till recently and i'm 23.[/quote]

Im just curious why you think the doctor was right. Im not saying he's wrong, but didn't you say you smoked for 6 months after your first problem and then it came back? Then you quit and its only been gone for 4 months. How do you know that the problem didn't just go away for like half a year again

11. Well now that i been sober i dont wake up with the slightest stomach ache.
    Back when i was smoking I would wake up feeling sour somedays and others it would just be a puke fest.