why not?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by blaznin904, Apr 27, 2010.

1. ive been researching on male and females everyone says dont let males pollinate females.

why? doesnt it just produce seeds? or is there something else about it?

i got a hermaphrodite growing with 2 others and idk wht to do.

any advice is appreciated

2. ...when seed growth begins, oil production slows...most energy is used to make the seeds.

...seedless buds, or sensimilla gets you higher.

3. Hermies usually appear after the female plant has suffered from stress...from my experience, high heat is the main cause of hermies followed by light leaking into the flowering room. What's your temps like?

4. Put it this way....

If you were a female plant, and you are horny.. I mean like REALLY needing some pollen.. You start producing all of these pistols just craving that pollen and hoping you grab some of that sweet sweet man-powder.

Now, it's getting deeper into the season, and you are freaking out... DAMNIT!!! I need to get some of that goooood shit. So you end up creating more and more resin. This resin helps the pollen stick to it, as well as protects the plant when it's colder, etc.

So.. Introduce some pollen or if it grows it's own, and what does the female have to do now? It has what it wants, and is no longer horny. It will slow down production of resin and before you know it, you have inferior bud.

Be an asshole, and let those females wait so long that before they know it they are dripping for you - oh, and take pics ;) :hello:

5. they were just some bag seeds from some lemon dank i got and the've been growing outside and they're bout a foot or 1 and 1/2.

i couldnt have it bud without getting it caught so its at my friends now

i live in north east florida and the temps been between 60-90 in the past 1 1/2 months

6. that makes more sense and i still have to see wht the other 2 plants are then ill deff separate any females from the hermi

pics will be up when i get my camera back

7. Take two buds, one pollinated and seedy and the other sinsemilla, and they weigh the same. Now, clean them up for smoking. The sinsemilla gives you a lot more, the seedy bud, well some of that weight and volume went to seeds that you don't smoke.

If you want seeds for future grows, you are better to harvest the pollen and then hand-pollinate select budsites on females rather than letting all the bud get pollinated.

Pollinating from a hermie raises additional concerns because there are a variety of reasons a plant could go hermie. Could be stress, could be genetics, but a good chance that the seeds from a hermie won't turn out normal, healthy plants.

8. thanks for all the answers