Why NOT to Legalize It

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by Kitsune_, Aug 14, 2009.

1. Can anyone think of a serious reason not to legalize marijuana? lol, right? I got nothin' though.:p

2. Above the most obvious reasons, I think what would suck most is how much the government would control it. It might be legal, but that doesn't mean there wouldn't be limits set on how much you are legally allowed to carry. I can easily see that happening. Also, how could dealers compete with the government if perfect factory rolled doobies were sold? There are a lot of downsides to legalization, even though I would love to see it happen (and probably will before I die). You just need to think it through more.

3. I've been thinking for the last 10 minutes and can't think of a valid reason not to

4. It lessens fear, anxiety, and respect for authority, 3 things governments uses to keep people under control.

5. Well, I rarely smoke joints so I probably wouldnt buy the prepackaged ones. I'd imagine it would be the same for a lot of other people too.

6. i've said this before and ill say it again...

WHY THE FUCK SHOULD WE CARE ABOUT THE DEALERS?

yes its great now, since thats how we get our weed....

but their job is illegal, they dont pay taxes like everyone else...

they should go to school and get a real job...

also, please feel free to list your numerous "downsides" of legalization

7. because it will show all the sheeps that they will believe anything.

8. #8 WeekendToker, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 14, 2009
    Weed legality job conversion table:

Weed Illegal***********Legal
    ___________*******__________
    Drug Dealers-----------Pharmacist/Store Clerk
    Growers---------------Farmers
    Med MJ Supplier-------Medical MJ Supplier (Minus fear)
    Thug------------------Broke Thug
    Police Officer-----------Useful Police officer
    DEA-------------------Homeless Person
    Stoner-----------------Stoner

Why would you want all those great jobs to go away? Why would I want Policemen catching criminals?

9. Obama wants 2nd term. Younger people tend not to vote as much. Older people do. Older people have been taught that weed is a DEATHLY drug. I think he will make a lot of important changes this country needs in his second term.

10. One word : corporations.

11. I enjoy joints but i enjoy rolling and smoking my own. so i'd want to buy like i do now in nugs, cause sometimes there's nothing like a bowl:smoking:

12. when it's legalized, you'd still be able to buy bags of nugs...

just like you can buy bags of ground up tobacco, but the bud wouldn't be ground up

13. I am not sure of this, is there a legal limit of the ammount of alcohol your allowed to posses? I think it would be like that. Or like cigarettes... the sky is the limit.. if I had the funds, or the will to kill myself, I could drive down to the 24 hour quick check, and buy every carton of smokes they had, plus packs, bag tobacco, and cigars, they dont have a legal ammount you can buy... I would hope its the same with weed.

14. your 100% right man about that

you dont see dealers trying to sell bags of tobacco per the gram or any amount, lol

15. i agree

heres why

if the government legalizes it in the next few years... it will be for the tax money

if they put a limit on how much we can posses, they put a limit on how much tax money they will get...

16. Yes there will probably be a limit on how much you can buy at a certain time. For instance, it is speculated an area of around 4oz per adult over 21 is going to be the limit at this time. Why? Simply because the people legalizing it want to slowly adapt the process as to allow for more cooperation with anti reformers.

17. There exists no valid reason not to legalize cannabis, just as well as all drugs.

Prohibition does not work. End of story.

18. It would hurt pharmaceutical company, which are currently paying millions to lobbyist to push against universal health care. It would hurt the Privately run prison industry. The amount of prisions have trippled in the last 20 years. finally, where would the cops steal their weed from?:smoking:

19. hahaha love it :smoking:

the only downside i think could be the decline of pot culture and the 420 stuff but thinking about it now there could be an increase in the pot culture it just wouldn't be as illegal anymore haha

i would love it to be legalised though, people chilling in the parks blazing and stuff :)

20. if it was going to happen and i highly doubt it will tbh :( my opinion is that there will be similar laws as hollands cannabis laws its worked for them why fix something that isnt broke :D