Why not just fill the bucket?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Denverdave86, Jun 15, 2019.

1. Dd86, It's been 3 weeks.. How grows it ? ? If you're having problems, most are simple fixes.. Heat can be a problem, with no cheap or easy fix.

2. I have two power growers both with air stones. Both plants seem to be doing well. I experimented and topped on plant. The roots are now hanging past the bucket and Into the water. Im just letting them grow now

3. There are some spots in the tips of two leaves. The first plant I planted looks a bit funny. But I was just riding it out

Attached Files:

4. The plants are trucking along. I've lost track of how old everything is because of how many plants I killed with soil. I've topped both plants.

Attached Files:

5. Looking at that pic of the water farm grow you posted. The plant doesn't look much bigger than mine. Should I switch them if flower now?

Attached Files:

6. Agreed with @mytwhyt. Just like in soil your roots will build a strong root system before any upper growth happens. Like a duck on water. Like he said letting them move through the hydrogen pebbles is building it's core. I have never seen it so only guess but I feel like your roots would be a mess up top.

7. I never filled the bucket past the hydroton more than a inch. And it drinks so much it turned out fine. The roots are all hanging out of the bottom into the rez. Basically I filled it up and touched the roots... The roots grew and drank the water... Over time the water went down. And the roots went chasing it. Now the plant is doing great and the roots are in the water below the bucket. But I'm not sure if I should switch one into flower of if I should still wait. For all I know these could both be males.

8. I'm learning that lesson right now. With my current set up it gets 85 if I shut the door Durning the day with the lights on. So i leave it open until it's time for the lights to go off. I have switched to flower. Put one layer of netting up. And out.of all my plants only one turned out to be female. Not sure if I'm calling this right but I feel like I'm looking at 8+ sites where colas will grow all at the same height roughly

Attached Files: