WHy not just call the universe God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Apstract, Nov 1, 2011.

1. oh shit.....deep breath.....
    i mean.....
    i am assuming....
    that you assume
    by saying you wouldnt assume
    that some may assume
    that you dont assume
    so you have now assumed
    that by saying you wouldnt assume
    that people may stop assuming your assumptions and shit:eek:

it is safe to assume.....
    i no longer have a clue:smoke:

2. That got a serious head in hand laugh out loud...

3. Haven't read the whole thread. Responding to the title.

The Universe is God.

4. ...yep

5. why not just c all the universe the universe?

6. I would think the resolution would be that if the universe = god then god = the universe. In otherwords what peeps have been calling god for so long amounts to a primitive discription of what we call the universe today...

7. A = B = A

so why not just call the universe the universe?

8. Lol, I just have to ask, are you Chinese or something?

OT: The universe lacks consciousness, which I believe is an attribute of God

9. what makes you think he's chinese

10. No. Are you?

11. Tends to leave out particular philosophical considerations...it would seem.
    Like perhaps the possibility that it thinks...

Regardless perhaps it is reasonable to call it Both interchangeably such as to aid some in understanding it.

12. The universe is a universe. You think maybe it thinks. Alright. I think it universes myself, but okay. What about a rock? Serious thinker? I think a rock basically just rocks. :)metal:) What about a man? Okay, that one probably does some thinking. Do we call it a god? No. We call it a man, because that's what it is.

The man thinks, and thinking is part of what man does, so I could say that a man just mans. Why are we singling out the universe for special treatment?

13. man was made in God image..Man can realize God .No other creatures can think about God worship him and try to be more like him.He sustains the universe with his energies.He is all that is beyond the visable universe also.In the spirit world he exist too.

14. So you have been a dog, and know what they think about?

15. This rationale is just way too rational for me.