Why not be Agnostic?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by thccrystals, Jun 7, 2004.

1. My thought process is such that it's hard to explain. But trust me, what I said is how I feel. I see miracles, but I see God as well. If you've read on the form of Satanism that Hatebreeder believes in he mentions the process of essentially becoming a God or one with God. Don't quote me on it, nor is it exact. But the idea is pretty much the same. I see God in people. I view life as a journey to bring you closer to God. Which could be viewed as becoming God like, or gaining a partial, now i mean small partial understanding of what God is.

What I mean by saying I see God in people I love, I wasn't just narrowing it down to just people I know and love, after all I also said "every aspect of earth"

And by me saying "I question our logic and belief of what they mean to us and what they truly are" I mean I question what God is or could be compared to the generic "Almight Being". God could be anything, we nor I know for sure. But what I believe is there is a bit of God in everything. As well as a bit of "Satan". For all I know the essece of God and Satan arnt two beings waring for eternity over souls and worshippers. Now, if I believed in the one soul idea, which I havn't completely ruled out, then I could believe that God and Satan arnt beings, but rather the esseces of the one soul. Now if I believe we all have individual souls rather than us all being just one, then I could believe the same thing. That our souls are basically made up of God and Satan, a piece of each. Along with a piece of self. Which all of these thoughts still hold a basis of Good and Evil, God and Satan.

Now if you want to try to correct my thinking again, you damn best know what it is I'm thinking. And if you don't understand what I'm saying, then you don't get what im thinking. Realize, I have ADHD, and an executive function disorder, it takes away from my presentation of thoughts. Makes em all sketchy like. When I feel like it, I'll actually take the time to basically spell my thoughts out to you.

2. This is my official last comment on this message board.

Don't worry Chad. Don't bother trying to explain abstract thought to someone who is blind and ignorant.

3. I hope your telling the truth, I don't think you'd last here much longer anyway.

Now, back to the civil discussion.

4. Ok....Krazi has addressed this issue and now I'm addressing it. There will be NONONONONONO name calling at the City. Everyone in this thread who has participated in name calling is being officially warned right now in front of everyone. One more incident from any of the name callers and they will be banned immediately.

I also have been made aware that I need to go check another thread for the exact same thing.

There will be NO FUCKING EXCEPTIONS. Keep it up and you will out the fucking door.

If anyone wants to continue this in a civil manner then have at it....otherwise, face the consequences that you have brought on yourself.

5. *Cries* Confrontation of ideals surrounding an agnostic existance simply defeats the purpose. What a paradoxial thread...

Humanity saddens me.

6. believe? yeayea, i'll do that when i'm dead. lol. :D
    anyway, my first thoughts as i come across this thread are, how can anyone not be agnostic? agnostic = you believe it can't be proven either way. everyone -should- be agnostic, according to my common sense..
    any member of any religion can be agnostic by believing it can't be proven, but still having faith.
    but it is very blind (foolish?) to believe -anything- about god/a higher power with no proof other than what is essentially hearsay/stories/more than likely man made.
    until i hear a booming voice in my head sayin, "RESPECT MY AUTHORITAI!", i can't see not being agnostic. and even still, that could be the ol' schizophrenia actin up. (bible can be explained with drugs/schizos/alcohol. and the virgin mary was prolly wasted and didn't remember gettin it on with joe the night before..)

7. I once asked this question in one of my theology classes. My teacher told me this stroy.

Once a man who was trying to convert his friends to beleif in Christ. His friends were gamblers so the man propsed a bet for them. The man says : okay, so lets look at all options. If you beleave in God and God exist, you go to hevan, if you belave in God and he doesnt exist then nothing happens. You dont beleave in God and He exists you go to Hell. If you Dont beleave in God and he Doesnt exist nothing happens. So If you beleave in God The worst that can happen is nothing. But if you dont beleave in God the Worst is eternal pain and suffering. The the man askes his gambling friends what would you bet on wiht your life? God exists or he Doesnt, all men stated they would put there lives on God exists.

Thats the story, it makes alot of sense tho dont you think

8. that's not true really.. because if you dedicate your life to worshipping God, and then it turns out he doesn't exist, then you've just wasted your whole life haven't you

i believe if God exists, he/she/it doesn't want us to waste our lives worshipping God. he/she/it wants us to enjoy our lives.

9. never let it be said stupid people cant change the world.

lmao!

clearly an absolute lack of understanding of agnosticism.

look around you bud.

the people here who call themselves agnostics are far better at "figuring things out" than those who have decided to stop thinking on the matter by choosing an answer and sticking to it.

simply deciding that there is or is not a god is not the path of enlightenment imo.

i'm an aithiest at heart, perhaps from being forced into christianity made me recoil too far, but its the reasoning of people like D9 that made me realise i was just as foolish as those who had blind faith. you cannot really say. no matter what proof either way you think you have.

so quit worrying about it. stop killing each other over it. and get on with living life.

if you really wanna get down to it and are looking for a reason for life... how about this simple one word answer:

life.

but in responce to SG Special's...
    that depends entirely on the perversion of the christian god. god might not be like that at all.
    and so along a similar theme to that....
    why not live the precautionary life. no need to waste your life incase god isn't, but no need to waste any possable afterlife because god is. just live life the best you can.
    to say what god will do if he exists is JUST AS FOOLISH as to say if even exists or not.
    so in a sence, i follow all religions, and i follow none. i make my own path though i do not deny the wisdom of other's paths.

stanton the complacent fag repeatedly assures us that he doesnt believe in god or any religion and also that he doesnt deny the existance of god as aithiests do. he also repeatedly gives us the definition of agnosticism which is to neither belive or deny and that anything else you add to it is your own. so, despite his refusal to accept the label, he is infact by his own definition, an agnostic, and so also, a complacent fag.

:D

but then he's also very week minded and fickle. what he means from one day could apparantly be completely different three days later. maybe he's polytheistic right now.

there was one thing he said that i completely agree with.

Stanton.... if you are still lurking and reading this thread....
    i'll give you a piece of advice i was given repeatedly as a small child, i think you would do well to follow it.

do your thinking BEFORE you speak, not after.

this is the method of discussion for pretty much everyone here. it has long been held as a fundamental of any inteligent conversation. you going against the grain like this only exadurates your stupidity.

i only wish i had got to you sooner.

edit=
    question on my behavior for mods.
    is it acceptable to call stanton a complacent fag simply to highlight and because of his own reasoning that he is one?
    heh, idk why i'm even stressin about it. u guys know i dont call peeps names like that.

10. i believe there is something out there. i can feel it.and i couldn't imagine my life without it. i don't think it would be a waste of my time worshipping any god if there is nothing in the end. not at all. i get fulfilment from it. it's a good feeling. so to me. if there really is nothing in the end. well, then there's nothing.sure i could say i'd be a bit miffed lol, but what are you gunna do.

11. Semantics, really. I'm just way more of a literal guy.