Why no outdoor hydro growing

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Jtrjesse, Jul 22, 2017.

1. Awesome. What are your Rez temps and how long do you veg for. What ppm do you run?

2. guys here's my outdr hydros..these went herm and got chopped..i'm in the desert.. i run hydro in the winter outdrs and soil the rest of time..security concerns keep the plnts short..i get a bigger yeild frm the hydros generally..soil has the flavor if not the yeild..i do 3-4 runs a yr..if i nd more veg time i hook up a lamp and timer for additional hrs for cpl wks..my pwr bill last mo was $70..that includes my a/c..grwing in high heat definitely is a challege but i do alright DSCN2987.JPG DSCN2986.JPG DSCN2971.JPG DSCN2966.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. Don’t know why the operator is saying “no one does hydro outdoors?”
    You mean why no one posts hydro setups that are outdoors?
    From time to time you see them. Usually the reason you don’t see an aeroponic setup outdoors is because they have to be controlled. Much less wiggle room for temp and humidity my friend thus the outdoors can make it almost impossible to dial in.
    Definitely can be done in California.
    Dig a hole and throw a 35-40 gallon trash bin inside and fill it with water. Add air pumps and air stones and then try keeping that water between 60-70 degrees. Lots of fun things you will be trying I bet…

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. This right here is the direction I wanna move to once I get more room…… the cost of rock wool though every run is what has me nervous.