Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why marijuana smokers cough up black phlegm and cigarette smokers do not:

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Phoggy, Nov 24, 2009.

1. I'll hack up my fair share of phlegm but it's never been darker than a light brown.

2. good shit blade!

3. that's tobacco that's making u do that man. yah, you need to start getting off the tobacco, take long showers with hot water beating on your chest to help breakdown that crap, and only smoke your weed through a vaporizer for a while. it'll take a year or two for your lungs to start getting better. exercise will help you too. when your lungs feel healthy again u can start smoking your MJ through normal means, but if you really care about fixing your lungs you need to take yourself a "T-Break", but in this case, it's not a Tolerance Break, it's a Therapy Break.

4. I smoke often cough![​IMG]

5. #45 CannabisKills, Jan 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 14, 2013
    Think about that for a minute... researchers, doctors, and the government have known about the medicinal value of cannabis for quite some time, far beyond 1980. This is only one of many studies... It's sickening and evil that the government can tell lies and propaganda about cannabis. They have spread the very definition of "disinformation," completely knowing marijuana has a ton of value.

6. It's rare I'll smoke weed without tobacco, and I've been smoking 3-4 years now and I've never coughed up any black shit. The worst affect I've had from smoking is having a blocked throat, but all I need to do is cough once to get rid of that..

7. Hmm... I've never coughed up black phlegm before.

8. I quit smoking both cigs (permanently) and weed (temporarily) a full 2 weeks ago... 3 days in I developed a chest cold, and it felt like my lungs where crawling with dirt... The cold didn't last long, but I have been coughing up black phlegm for a week and a half straight now. I switched to an E-cig for my nicotine and am going to get myself a vaporizer now before I pick the green back up again... This shiat is enough for me ^^

9. Am I the only one that isnt coughing this up?

10. nah man, when i smoke i don't do massive monster hits and at the most frequent i was smoking it was like once a day for about a week and a half.. typically it's 3-4 times a week. right now i'm on a pretty damn long t-break. it's been about 2 months, minus 1 time i celebrated with some friends the day after christmas with one small bowl that i split with my girlfriend, the T-break is because i have a job coming up soon and a class that will require travel to an elementary school as an aid for some hands on experience in one of college courses. pretty sure the job will require a 1time drug test and anything with young kids i bet will too. so i've been breaked out for a while now just waiting for when i can toke up again. but in all my time i've never hacked up a bunch of nasty shit like that. occasionally when i clear my throat, i've always feel some of what i always assumed was ''extra sticky spit'', (before and after i've been smoking) but now i realize that was the small amount of mucous from your lungs that they use to clean them selves. never in my life has that mucous been darker than clear or very slightly yellow. unless i had a chest cold... then it turns freaky nasty colors till i take anti-biotics... lol.

11. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6QLMUwVBeY]Black Lung - YouTube[/ame]

12. Ive never coughed up black shit in my entire life. Ive coughed up a loogy or whatever they call it lol. but not black phlegm.

13. This is kind of a relief. I've never habitually smoked tobacco but I always cough shit up from baking all the time. It's gotten worse since I started a nightly blunt regimen as well[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Not black more like yellow but only after a huge smoke sesh. Like all day.

Mabye it's black because they used shitty pipes and inhaled small pieces of resin? I've definatly noticed that inhaling small bits of resin happens more than you'd think and a tottaly clean pipe makes a huge difference.

15. ive never coughed up black phlegm..

16. im agoraphobic so im always smoking and i have been caughing this up for quite some time, i read an article before this that stated once you caugh up black stuff, its too late for you to heal, lol i was scared but this thread made my panic ease, thanks

17. good 2 kno

18. I know more tobacco smokers who cough up black phlegm than just marijuana smokers. I have coughed up black phlegm on many occasions, but only when quitting tobacco in the past.

19. Dammit SoCal gtfo of this thread and into some useful ones hahahaha

20. I noticed that I only cough up black when I havent smoked in atleast a day.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Grasscity Forum mobile app