Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why marijuana makes me question if there is a God.

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PatrickTheToker, Nov 12, 2008.

1. To me, its like you are part of this big huge thing you cannot even fathum. but there is this forever living, super intelligent "being" that created everything and anything that could ever, will ever or would ever, so what, he created his self from nothing, then created everything? give me a break.
    Then you get into the rest of it, God, sent Jesus down to earth, disgused as a human, but in "reality" Jesus, IS God. wait. what the fuc*? Then, Jesus is killed, to die for the peoples sins. But how could this work? If he IS his own son, then he is perfect right? Because God is perfect.
    After this I begin to think, and this is what a conclude. God promises you acceptence, and forgiveness, if you just except him. OK, what about babies who haven't been given the chance? What about how "he" "God" promisies you, his "people" that if you disobey him you will forever BURN in HELL.
    So, let me get this all together. God, created the entire universe,everythign there is, everything there will ever be. Right after he created himself..from nothing. Then, he sends Jesus to earth, Jesus is Gods son, but really it IS God. The perfect Jesus, then dies for the sins of man, thus freeing them from eternal damnation for sining. IF, you accept Jesus as your lord and savior. But how could that work, what would a Perfect being, dieing, have to do with imperfect people sining? Then I get to the whole hipocrsy of it, and what do you know.. there are new rules you must live by, read my book, worship me, and I will grant you a heavanly forever, but...if you disobey, guess what mother fucker? I'm still sending you to hell...which i died as my self, to free you, from ever having to go there.
    The End.

Happy Toking.:smoke:

2. When Im high I begin to think about God as well. I begin to think of marijuana as a godly herb.

But Im an atheist. I appreciate marijuana for what it is and the way it enhances life.

3. I think about the possibility of God while I am high as well... but I feel we are all Gods. We just have to open our eyes and see it.

4. i hear what you are saying.

To explain Jesus, wikipedia the holy trinity

And this is a religion, and in religion you have faith. Faith means to go blindly. To just...believe.

Im not really religious, but these are my views

5. yea, i dont really know what i am. like a big part of me often says that there isn't a god. some little part of me somewhere just goes, shh shh, yea there is.....and it just has this calming effect on me.
    maybe my mind just knows im better off thinking..
    or who knows,
    there just might be...

6. there is a God. He created everything and we are in this world (which is temporary) for a reason, which is to love one another and to worship God.

its the Truth.

7. That means you believe and have faith in Him. I don't understand some of the stuff that I learned since I was a little kid in church either. Like previously stated; to have faith means to believe blindly. Just know that everything happens according to His plan, even if it doesn't make sense to you.. Most people think it's stupid to believe in something that is "made up," but I still believe.

8. I find myself thinking about it alot too when im high. But not really in depth, just thinking. But one time when I smoked some bomb ass weed at a friends house i started thinking too much. When I was walking home I was just normally high, then I started to play video games and absolutely couldnt hold my hand still. Then started trippin out so I decided to go to sleep and started thinking about it again and was having panic attacks. I stared feeling my heart and thinking I was just a clock waiting to run out of batteries, it was pretty intense. But anyway, why not just have faith and take the chance there is a heaven, instead of possibly burning in hell?

9. I personally don't believe god is separate from us. God is either consciousness. We are god, god is us.

10. Religion is what separates the world, not invisible border lines, or oceans, or mountains.

11. With all the religions out there, you're gonna go to hell a million times over no matter who you believe in

12. My stance on the subject, although I may have posted this on the Philosophy forum...
    Is that we are all part of a larger whole. Each one of us is just a tiny part of this unimaginably large consciousness.

Everytime I smoke, there's only ONE thought that makes perfect sense.
    We Are All Connected.

I think religion is probably not the best word, it implies rules and thing like that. When you boil it right down to the bare bones, I think "spirituality" is a better word. You don't have to believe that there is a God/Higher being, but you can still be spiritual. Being true to yourself, I guess.

Someone above mentioned that "we are all gods. we just have to realize it" (or along those lines). I like that mentality, whose to say we're not "Gods"? Just because we don't have control over *everything*. However, we do choose our own destiny, and that is a power of it's own.

It doesn't matter what your God(ess) is called, or what religion you are. As long as *you* believe it's true, that's what matters the most.

Try smoking a bowl, and then meditate and relax a little. You don't have to think, just "listen". Here's a question to get you started: Where do thoughts come from?

13. I do not need weed to question what does not exist :D (or has no proof of existing)

Think of the Christian God as the Hindu Brahma, the all-powerful unfathomable "God" for lack of a better word. There are many avatars - like limbs - of this God, such as shiva and kali, that enter our mortal world and influence our lives.

Its kinda messed up; Christianity, that is. Adolf Hitler, if he apologized for his sins and accepted Jesus as his Lord and savior, would get into heaven. Keep in mind he murdered millions of people. But a person who lived a truely "christ-like" life, that of a saint, in a remote pacific island - who had no hope of even knowing who the hell Jesus is - has no chance of getting into heaven, since he did not accept Christ as his Lord.

Also, how is God omnipresent and omnipotent if Adam and Eve suprised him by eating the apple? If he is omnipresent, he wouldve seen them eat it... if he was omniscient, he wouldve known they did it in the first place.

Oh yeah - why do christian extremists bomb abortion clinics or stem cell research scientists because they are "playing God"? God is omniscient and timeless, so he knows EVERYTHING that will go on, past present and future, so no one is playing God. Everyone is where the Christain God wants them - suffering or living a good life - we have no free will.

Can God make a rock so big that even he cannot lift it? If not, he isn't all powerful. If he can, he isn't all powerful. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

14. I like to focus my high thoughts on something worthwhile, like.. "hmm, do those two potato bugs that just crossed each other's paths know each other?"

I opted out of believing in the "God" bullshit when I was 10. That was over a decade ago. But I can see how if you still believed in it, or were still agnostic (in the sense that you are unsure), being high would offer some insight.

15. Oh, being high often does provide alot of insight into topics I normally don't breach while I'm "sober".

Being high makes me *think*, like really ponder stuff, and ask Why?
    The only reoccurring theme I can find is that "everything is connected." Maybe not in a physical sense, but on a higher level.

I've been agnostic since prolly the same age as you, at least 10.
    That doesn't mean I don't think there IS a God, nor do I think there IS not a God.

I want proof. I'm scientific, mathematical and logical. I want proof of existence, or non-existence. :p I'm just unsure which way to sway, if you know what i mean. I remain neutral on the subject.

16. another thing i think a lot about when i am high.. i start to think that there is a God, but not a God in the sense that we know. but more like this all powerful living thing, that is in like the 10th dimension or somwhere like that (there are some great videos on youtube that explain the 10 dimension theory, its interesting) and that is why we cannot see him, or know for sure he is there. kind of like how we preceive time as a straight line, going from the past throught the present to the future. but in reality time is anything but a straight line, it curves and sways, and goes in a circle, theoretically making it possible to "jump" to different points in time, if you could figure out how to make it to a different dimension. ok, anyway, so there is "god" that lives there, the only thing is he didnt MEAN to create this world or anything in it, it happend as an accident, and he doesn't know what to do. (kinda like the simpsons episode where Lisa made a civilizaton out of a tooth, so she created a bunch of living, thinking teeth.) its weird. it gets me all trippy.
    Sorry for the ramble, and if it doesn't make sense. I'm gonee

17. #17 JuSoSick, Nov 12, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2008
    I truly appreciate this thread. You have to question it all. Like another poster said since God is omniscient than he would have known that Adam and Eve were going to eat the apple....so was that part of his plan. Did he want to introduce original sin. And how do you explain the existence of the devil. Why hasn't the almighty crushed his minion.
    Why don't we have any miracles anymore and why doesn't god intervene with earths business anymore like he did in biblical times.

I think we and all living things are part of a system; we are all interconnected. We are part of a greater energy. Each and every decision we make has a consequence and effect in someone else's life as well as on the environment. There is no plan; it's just a bunch of butterfly effects.

The god they speak of in the bible has too many human qualities for my taste. He's jealous, always wants praise for his actions, and even gambles (see the story of Job). The bible is a nice guideline to live your life by though. But I dont see the difference b/w calling yourself a specific religion and simply living the same principles that religion follows. If there is a god and a heaven, one who lived righteously should be able to gain entrance regardless of his creed - even is he is not a believer.

With that said, I dont think there is this all powerful being who dwells in heaven. Jesus was just a man who was willing to die for what he believed in. There is no devil. There is only what we call "good" and "evil" and they must both exist in order to maintain universal harmony (Yin and Yang). There is no heaven or hell. We just use the concepts to maintain order and to comfort ourselves with the thought of death. When we die our energy returns to the earth/universe and it is reused.

18. dude, can I quote that for my sig?

19. thats exactly who God is. Hes from a far greater place than earth and is the creator of ALL things. have faith in Him and live according to His ways

20. fixed.