Why...like why

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by baker76, May 8, 2011.

1. #101 SonnyCheebah, May 9, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    That kind of logic can be applied to Tolkien's books, honestly. Moreso, given the similar subject matter.

2. All you need to do to accept my delusional worldview is dismiss the idea that words have actual, non arbitrary meanings.

When I speak about God, I actually mean the trees and plants that give us life by constantly converting C02 into Oxygen. God "bless" us. ;)

3. Yes, we all know I'm delusional. No need to keep saying it, o sane one.

4. You appear to have missed the point. Shocker.

5. beauty of ignore list: I don't have to read posts by you :)

6. Funny thing about Tolkien, he's actually an Initiate who does not remember it in the current life. Hence why there are so many occult truths underlying the Lord of the Rings series, due to his unconscious knowing of such things.

7. You know, I was just reading Lord of the Rings for the second time and the entire time I was thinking that Tolkien was some kind of occultist, or had some kind of knowledge that went over people's heads.

8. If you read the lord of the rings and go "Woah.. there is some metaphysical truths in this literature.", then it's truly scary how there are no limits to your magical thinking at all.

9. I could see how that would scare you, Argo.

;)

10. #110 1Trismegistus1, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    I've never read Lord of the Rings, I go by what I was told. I am not a fan of fictional reading, if I'm going to use my time I prefer to use it in the pursuit of knowledge.

The same thing goes for Shakespeare's works as well, since they were co-authored by Francis Bacon as a way to pass things under the noses of the Church that only the Initiated would understand in reading them.

The reason suchs works of fiction and fantasy are written is to awaken the minds of those potentially ready to start climbing the ladder, or to set the minds of those who had started climbing in a past life on once again climbing it.

11. The imagination is just as wonderful as "truth" in my eyes.. They could actually be considered similar if you think about it.

12. So, you want a perfect little world huh?

Oh how plain and boring that would be.
    Sounds like a failed experiment.

13. #113 ArgoSG, May 10, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2011
    Extraordinary claims, extraordinary evidence. It's a nice idea, but the fact that you accept this proposition without cold hard evidence doesn't speak well of your critical faculties.

Totally. I'm so glad we live in a world where a father can imprison his daughter in a dungeon for 20+ years, occasionally descend to rape, sodomize, and torture her, forcing her to father multiple children, while she prays and begs the heavens for mercy with not a single answer.

So much more interesting and fun! :D

I like enlightened "spiritual" folks like you so much.

14. It is what it is, isn't it? :D

15. A perfect world doesn't sound boring AT ALL man? Just cause we're all "perfect", doesn't make us the same..

16. Well theirs is only one way to be perfect

17. #117 WhosGotTheHerb, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    Says who?

I guess in the end, it comes down to what each of us envisions "perfect". Maybe we are living in a "perfect" world?

18. Well it would never work because of some chocies in history are highly contested whether it is the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do for example president Truman's use of atomic weapons on Japan it is a highly contested fact but still no one can say it was absolutely the right thing to do or the wrong thing to do.

19. #119 TheJourney, May 11, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2011
    I am perfect at being me :)

20. I agree. As we all are. :D