Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why it should not be legal

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by aToker, Mar 15, 2014.

1. #1 aToker, Mar 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
    I just wanted to bring this to everyone's attention. Everybody is so happy with cannabis legalization and all that...

Why do you want it legalized? So corporations can make millions off of us? In Colorado top shelf eighths go for 60, that is crazy because when it was legal only for medical use it was half of the price or less.
    I know the benefits of legalization like easier access to people in Need, and more room in jail for real criminals but I still wouldn't want it legal. If it is then whatever no big deal.

I think it should be only available for medical use because I don't want Monsanto genetically engineering weed and fucking everything up.

Just my .02 so don't get butthurt.

2. i agree with you but i would like to see growing decrimilized. but they would never do that because there is no money they can make from us. but it would be nice to walk in a store and pick out what you want. I'm scared of Monsanto to. 

3. I am going to put you in a cage and lock the door. You ever been to jail OP?

I know you got your legal medical so you could care less about others you don't grow you just consume.

You so worried about corps making a profit man up and grow your own! 

4. ^i agree with the guy above me. Innocent people should not have to fear getting in trouble for a plant. You can say it's for medical, everyone else gets fucked in the ass with the law lol.

I don't think the high prices because of it being legal and taxed are a big deal either. In colorado most people still buy black market bud, or so i've heard. People are just going to keep doing that, or they will lower taxes. At least this way people don't have to worry about getting in trouble really. And fuck monsanto there's already enough stoners growing godly organic bud so i wouldn't even worry about that, or people will just grow their own.

Still in the end, i feel that there are waaay more pro's than cons when it comes to cannabis legalization. 

5. Even if it's decriminalized, you're still doing something "wrong" in the eyes of the law and can get fined a ton of cash and have to issue an apology. Decriminalization means still having to pay for something that so many people still need as medicine and basically by paying the fine, you're admitting to the law that what you're doing is wrong and that you're willing to pay cash out of pocket not even for the plant, but because it's not legal. I don't want to have to apologize for doing something that is so beneficial for so many people, or to apologize for responsibly using a plant that has put so many normal, non-criminal citizens into prison for years. Even with no jail time, decriminalization means still having to hide what we're doing from the law and pay out of pocket if we get caught. You can be content with decriminalization if you want, that's your opinion and it's your right to have one, but I have every intention of fighting for full legal and safe access for the people who need it and are sick of being treated like criminals for such a beneficial plant.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity F

6. Have you ever heard of gritweed and soap bar hash? More than enough  reason to go legal. Plus getting hold of traditionally grown and prepared landrace bud/hash would be much easier if you want to avoid Monsanto GM weed.

7. So I can toke in peace and so people can get it and use it for their medical needs,fuck a corporation grow it yourself then or get from a dispencery that lab tests, legalizations great for many things,jobs, medical needs ,less wasted tax dollars on putting useless non violent criminals in prison for just possessing then cops can actually start doing their jobs and arresting real criminals, etc theirs so many things legalization can do that yeah if some colorations want to try n make money go ahead theyl be run out eventually by people with common sense,theirs already a Microsoft executive (ex now) that's joining the marijuana biz he's market rig n planning to make millions off of it, no ones probably going to support him though so let them fail at it lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. The new law in CO allows you to grow up to six plants at a time. If you don't want corporations involved then do it yourself - problem solved.

9. #9 DayJaVu, Mar 16, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2014
    1.) When cannabis is fully legalized and mass grown, people are estimating that it will be around $20-50 for an ounce for fire.

2.) No more jail.

3.) No more cannabis drug tests for jobs.

4.) Still can grow your own.

5.) Greater public acceptance.

6.) More marijuana products such as edibles.

7.) Better, fancier smoking products such as vapes and bongs.

8.) Cheaper paraphernalia.

9.) Weaken the grip of drug dealers.

10.) There will always be "organic" weed, being sold by private vendors.

Literally, there is no reason not to be in favor of the legalization of weed unless your sell it yourself. If you hate corporations selling your weed, just grow it yourself or buy organic.

I mean, do you have a problem with corporations selling alchohol? I bet you don't.

10. The reason it's so expensive is because demand still outstrips supply, once it evens out the prices will too.

For real tho, they were trying to tax mary at 15% when they tax alcohol at less than 1%.

11. i think i changed my opinion , i would like it legalized instead of decriminalization. i was also scared they were going to put potency limit's on weed. so anything over 15% thc you can still get in trouble. but that's impossible to enforce so i say legalize it! didn't Amsterdam try to put a limit on the potency of the strains?

12. I mean if it's legal people are gonna be selling dank for cheap man. Everyone going to grow. It shouldn't be legal because some people abuse that shit though

Eyes like Mr.Miyagi 🐉

13. Your point is Moot. If it is legal, you can grow yourself, just like you can right now in Colorado. It absolutely should be legalized, and this is the WORST possible argument to the contrary since you are able to grow yourself. If you choose not to and to pay the tax that is your choice. It should be legalized. Enough said.

14. People abuse everything thats not a reason to make something illegal.

15. An eighth for mids here is 50, so 60 for top shelf wouldn't be bad for me. And I would rather pay a little extra than get possession and paraphernalia tickets.

You know that it would be untrue, you know that I would be a liar, if I was to say to you, girl we couldn't get much higher

16. Yea true.

Eyes like Mr.Miyagi 🐉

17. It's common sense. If rather pay the tax instead of doing time. I'm not built for that shit Lmao!

Sent from my Event using Grasscity Forum mobile app

18. I agree to a point. I would hate paying what they are paying in Colorado if I had to buy. I think for where I am I would support decriminalization. As is, the last time I got busted for close to an ounce it was a $50 fine. I've been busted with buds maybe 3 times my whole life. I would rather pay a fine once every how ever many years than to have to pay over $140-$170 for an ounce for top shelf buds. Either way governments going to tax the shit out of it (currently a carton of cigs is only 26$ before they tax it, 60$ with tax) and regulate the fuck out of growing. So, I'll still be a criminal for growing it. Only difference will be the satisfaction of walking down the street smoking a legal joint which will probably wear off quick the first time I buy taxed dope. I would rather keep the government out of my weed sack. I would support legalization if it meant I could grow and not have to kick money back to the government on it, but that would never happen in Canada.

That is one form of decriminalization: where you pay a civil fine with no jail time.  But there is another: remove the laws regarding it from the books.  There are no laws allowing a tomato plant or possession of an apple, but there are laws regulating the commerce of these products.  Could be a nice compromise.

20. Everyone's talking about getting fines and tickets. People are going to jail for it. 

"The law is ruining people's lives, but weed's cheap so keep it illegal."

A lot of states in the US that $50 fine turns into a felony and jail time.