Why isn't there talk about I-1135?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by m3t4lm4n222, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Sensiblewashington.org

Initiative to Legalize Marijuana for Adults.

Why isn't there any talk about this? I have only seen a single posting about this on the new section are hardly anyone responded.

2. Theres a bill in the state legislator at the moment for legalization. If it doesn;t pass I expect this to take center stage.

Even if it does pass the legislators sound like there gonna puss out. They bassically said "The law doesn't matter as long as the feds say no"

Fuck that, Washington state can make its own laws.

3. What if all the med states just decided to secede from the US and say fuck you, were peacing out. And form their own country called.... The States for the People. Where they did things the benefit the population, and waged economic war on the US because they would have so much funding in MMJ tax revenue. Then become the main lender to the US, default them on the national loans and take all the other states for themselves and kick the US government the fuck out.

This is extremely impossibly, sorry im high

4. the government would wage civil war like they did back when the southern states seceded.

And history books would probably make it seem like that the states broke away because they supported drug abuse and pedophillia or something

5. I highly doubt a state would declare independence over marijuana. It's really not feasible.

6. Wow guys, hence why i put that last sentence in there HAHAHAHHAAAH damn

7. It's wouldn't be about marijuana per se. It would be about states rights over federal rights. Can the fed just do anything they want? (or should they be able to do anything they want?)

8. The reason that no one is talking about it, is because it's not going to pass. Not in a non presidential election year.

Washington has the same problem that California has, being a purple state, pretty much evenly split down liberal/democratic(...ish) and conservative/republican lines. Eastern Washington, if you havn't spent much time there, is very conservative. Western Washington is liberal, but with hempfest maybe not happening this year, and spring weather likely to be WORSE this year than last (one of the oft quoted reasons the signatures werent collected last year)...getting signatures is going to be rough.

I don't think the legislation will pass either...this year. 2012 is a gubernatorial election, and if Christine Gregoire can stay sober long enough, she'll be coddling centrist voters to build support pre election. And state reps have to get reelected too...

However, I do think that the shows of support these failed attempts will generate will show youth interest in political activities surrounding legalization...aka, voting. This means that there's now a known group of young voters, freshly registered and waiting to be scooped up simply by siding one way on an issue that pretty much has 50/50% support amongst the voting public.

I don't mean to jinx anything, it's just how I see the situation. I really hope it passes.