why isnt my seedling growing

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by lee26, Jul 14, 2012.

1. im a total newb at growing but i thought id give it ago. im trying to grow the strain sweet dreams but i seem to have stunted somewhere, first i thought it was over watering so i dried her out i was also to far away from the light so moved her closer and covered up the stem with new soil as she had stretched.

right im growing in a wardrobe in my bedroom with 250 watt fluorescent lights about 8 inches away from seedlings i left door opened a bit so dosent get to warm iv also got a mini van on at the moment to try and help thicken my stem . i just planted her in normal potting soil and give tap water to drink she 8 days old

help please as theyr is too many conflicting answers online

iv included some pics

Attached Files:

2. For seedlings I dont let the soil dry out to much at all. I keep it damp, not soaked. What are your temps. Sometimes they will hit a slow period then once that passes they take off on growth.

3. With CFL's you need to bring the bulbs down to about an inch from the plants.

4. Jus dont let it touch the plants.. MIGHT burn em.. Might.

Thats why 1" away isnt bad at all lol. Have my CFL's between 1"-3" away untill I switch to MH

Dutchie

5. thanks guys iv moved her closer to lights about 3 inch i dont know the actual temperature just now il need to get something to check

6. If my eyes are correct you have two sprouts in the same pot? Your gonna wanna separate them so you have two much happier plants :)

7. EK

I disagree there is nothing inherently wrong with planting more than one seed in a container.

toke

8. my nephew just finished a grow with 2 plants in one container. the 2 in the pot were much smaller than the other plans in his grow.

9. In my no-till water-only organic setup, plants nearest to each other grew thicker stalks and produced more bud. coincidences.

10. If you have 2 plants in the same pot it will cause them to die off due to root tangling (maybe)

11. ... maybe not