Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why isn't my mom getting high?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by PinkieGrrl, Jun 28, 2011.

1. My mom and I smoked out of a bong together. She took 4 small-medium size hits, held them in, did everything right. She did not feel high at all. This is a person who doesn't smoke at all.

Why did the weed have effect on me but not on her?

2. Dunno the science behind this but I remember not getting high for like the first two years when I started out and then bang it started to work out . I could never figure out what I was doing wrong .

I have couple of friends now who never gets high and with 13 years of smoking experience I cannot offer them much help .

3. It was probally shitty weed or she didn't inhale, try to roll a blunt or joint next time since there not as complicated to smoke

4. you know, I didnt get high the first time i smoked too. And like your mom I never smoked anything before that. Some friends told me its because theres some kind of 'barrier' in your brain that has to break down before you can get high. I think its cause I didnt know how to inhale properly. But have her try a couple more times. She'll get it in the end.

5. I never got high my first time.
    I would think its the same with your mom, trying waiting a couple days.

6. Yeah I know a few people who it took a few times for them to get high. I personally didn't either... I think i was expecting to feel differently so I didnt just drift into it like I have for 10 years now.

7. Your MOM is a Saint !

8. I didn't get high the first few hits, it took a couple.

I think its what ^ said, she's probably inhaling wrong. I know my girlfriend inhaled wrong for the longest time and would never get anything or get high. She still has trouble but is a lot better now.

9. Maybe she needs more than 4 hits?

MAYBE she is really just trying to get you give her more hits.

Try again.

10. Are you SURE she is inhaling properly?
    Tell her to hit the bong then take a big breathe of fresh air in. (You should hear her breathing in the air on top of the tok she just had)

Something people don't get high their first few times of smoking.

Also make sure you do it on a Sort of empty stomach. Will help in a + way!

Sometimes the weed is not good and you need more than 4 hits.
    If you have ever had a really nice hit of some DANKK then you'll know the difference ;)

Try again though. IMO try a nicely made spliff(only weed rolled).:)
    :smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke::smoke:

11. That's not unusual. It took me FOREVER to get high my first time. My first time actually getting high, I wasn't expecting to get high and BOOM, it hit me out of nowhere! It was awesome though.

12. inhale?? its a bong toke, pretty sure she inhaled all of it

13. Wish I could get high with my mom.

14. Fuck this never got high the first time bullshit. I did, because I knew how to fucking inhale. Teach her to take in the smoke, take a 3 second breath of fresh air, then hold for a few seconds, then exhale.

15. She inhaled perfectly, I was guiding her the whole way. Her eyes did get red, but she didn't feel anything.

16. My theory is that she is endocannabinoid deficient! Your body NEEDS cannabinoids to function properly. Your body's endocannabinoids do about a million different things. Plant cannabinoids can "fill in" for any missing endocannabinoids.

If Mom is low on Anandamide (a CB1 agonist just like THC), her body will grab the all THC to take care of the deficiency before any of it makes it to her brain! :eek:

Try it a few more times! :bongin: And read these!
    Are You Cannabis Deficient? (news - 2010)
    Marijuana Compound Treats Multiple Health Issues - FoxNews.com

Clinical Endocannabinoid Deficiency (full - 2004)
    http://www.freedomtoexhale.com/clinical.pdf

Granny :wave:

17. Way to sound like an asshole. Because you don't get high the first time doesn't mean you didn't know how to inhale. It took me forever to get high my first time, and I knew how to inhale AND it was with a bong. Everyone is different; some get high the first time, some don't. And as far as not getting high because you're not inhaling "the right way" is pretty sketchy. You can get a second-hand high from just being in an enclosed area where people are smoking.

18. #19 dragon999, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    I gotta agree with Poker2's advice. I think she didn't actually inhale. She probably just filled her mouth/throat with smoke but didn't actually open up the passage that takes it into the LUNGS. IT MUST GO INTO THE LUNGS.

Like others said, once that smoke gets pulled into the mouth, THEN you inhale deep into the lungs. It's possible to make an inhaling sound by pulling air into your mouth but not into the lungs.

I had a girl fake inhaling once cause she didn't want to get high. Wasted the weed in my opinion. And I've heard of people not getting high the first time, but I doubt it because I and everyone else I've seen do it RIGHT (get dense smoke into the lungs, which makes you cough or at least feel expansion in the chest) the first time got totally blasted. Her eyes might have gotten red just from the smoke hitting her eyes. You might have had crappy weed too. But my bets on the inhale, were those some THICK, CREAMY RIPS she was pulling on that bong? If not just do a joint or something.

Good luck, peace~

19. #20 Storm Crow, Jun 28, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2011
    Red- Granny sees the unprotected study! GRAB! :bolt: lol