Why isnt marijuana legalized yet?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Legalization' started by cats21, Jun 29, 2012.

1. Its starting to ponder me why its not legalized yet everywhere. Alcohol kills and does so much thats negative yet its legal. Than theres weed that all it does is make you giggle, get the munchies and relax. Why is it so frowned upon? I dont get this. Im growing one plant. How much trouble do you guys think id get in with the authorities if caught in New Jersey?

2. It's cause of the GREEN man
    [​IMG]

3. Lobbyists.

Also if you get caught you'll go to prison.

4. More money involved in keeping it illegal, than there would be to make it legal. When that shifts maybe we'll see legalization.

5. Marijuana is illegal because it gets into the way of oil, alchohol, and lumber companies because weed is better suited for building and can make clean cheap oil and its a much safer alternate to drinking so these companies make very nice donations for people with. Power to keep it illegal. I think it also has something to dol with how it has the power to wake people up and how healthy it is. If you want to know why its illegal go wathch the union its a movie that explains it all.

6. I'd suggest you look up the law, especially if you are growing. One plant might get you 10 years - better check.

7. Damn, y'all's laws suck in Jersey! Under ten plants is a felony which carries a possible prison sentence of 3 to 5 years. If you're going to take that risk, you may as well grow more. Otherwise, I wouldn't grow. Find someone whom you trust who doesn't grow crap.

I can't believe New Jersey is that strict. Hell, here in Kentucky, I can grow up to 5 plants now, it was 4, before I get slapped with a felony. Five or less is just a misdemeanor.

http://norml.org/laws/item/new-jersey-penalties-2?category_id=874

8. I didn't know that about Kentucky - learn something new everyday, or at least I try.

9. Link :smoke:
    Kentucky Penalties

Cultivation

Less than 5 plants (first offense) misdemeanor 1 year $ 500 Less than 5 plants (subsequent offense) felony 1* - 5 years $ 10,000 5 plants or more (first offense) felony 1* - 5 years $ 10,000 5 plants or more (subsequent offense) felony 5* - 10 years $ 10,000 * Mandatory minimum sentence

10. it's not legal because it's going take a lot of work to change it from a schedule 1....there are allot of politics involved.

11. Marijuana is illegal because of the money that the rich people who run this country would lose if it was legal. Studies now show that the majority of americans are in favor of legalization, people are waking up and realizing that the governments been lying to them about marijuana. Legalization is inevitable, the government cant stop it, they can only slow the process down.