Why isn't Election Day a Holiday?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by HongKongPhooey, Nov 19, 2018.

1. lol it was a joke
    but i would love to see less and less vote. stop legitimizing these crooks. If a more moral system just magically appeared you would be fully complicit by all legal standards and held equally accountable by law as I see it lol.
    Politicians get their power from masses who vote for the lesser of 2 evils. Both will do more to hurt than help you. If I said you had a choice as to which foot I was going to kick you in the nuts with would you still consider it "your choice"? DONT VOTE!!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Not participating is the best way to make your voice heard otherwise you are just lost in the masses.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Because you don't buy gifts for it

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I apologize, for this misunderstanding.

This makes more sense, now in context. I don't intend on voting in the next election already.

However I certainly get the joke now. Cheers.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Here I got you a cake that says:

VOTE OR DIE!!! :lmafoe::lmafoe::lmafoe:

Anyone remember that horseshit saying? "Vote or die"?

• Like Like x 1
  6. I do like vote by mail in Oregon. They were mailed out on Oct 18 so it gave plenty of time to read and vote. Now there are things I don't like about the way it is set up like we only sign the outer envelope and I believe that opens the door for voter fraud if the handlers are untrustworthy . We should be signing the ballet and the envelope so there is an actual connection between the voters ballet and the secrecy envelope.

I have often wondered if there is no info on the ballet to match up the signature with the voter what keeps some political hack from stacking the deck on the inside after they throw the signed envelope away? The Oregon democratic politicians thought this method up and it does not make sense to keep it on the up and up.

When you get on line to check the my voter web site it will only say that they received your ballet and then they throw the signature in the trash.

7. Why isn’t it a holiday? I have no idea...but it should be. I think if people are off work they would be more inclined to go vote. Instead, people have to rush around to make sure they can get there on time. And some people just don’t want to deal with the hassle so they just don’t go. You know what I do? I get an absentee ballot. In my opinion it’s the easiest way to vote. I’ve voted like this for the past 10 years and haven’t left my house to do it. I haven’t stood in any lines, or waited in any traffic. I just vote on my couch when I want to and send it in. The only problem with doing it this way if something happens to your canidate after you send your ballot in. Like “oh they found out that guy is a rapist” and you already voted for him. Which doesn’t happen much but it’s not unheard for something to happen to a canidate days before an election. I dunno, those are my thoughts on the matter. If people are off work you just might get a better voter turnout, just a thought.