Why Is Weed So Expensive?

Discussion in 'General' started by JoeShmoaa, May 27, 2013.

1. What do the blades think?

I think it has to be prohibition. I know its a lot of power to use grow lights but is it really that much?

"The Union" says cannabis is worth more ounce for ounce than gold. And we blades blaze through these ounces of gold.

2. Has to be grown, cured, and sold all while staying away from the popo.

There is a risk involved, and all the shit growers need to buy costs money.

3. Cuz you fuckers keep voting Democrat & Republican!!!

[​IMG]

4. Supply and demand. Simple.

5. I'm a newb, and unversed in the broader range of economic dynamics that would make such determinations, but I think Cannabis Prohibition naturally drives the price up by some non-zero differential.  

The present legal status makes it more difficult to develop scaled production and distribution, and the absence of that market efficiency alone will almost certainly artificially inflate the end-user price of any given tangible good.  

That said, I think it's important to remember that the cultivation and preparation of cannabis does require a certain skill and benefits from experience, both in the quality and quantity of the yield.  As such, some of the price has to reflect not just the risk but the expertise involved.

As Elmo McElroy once said, "There's a motherfuckin' war on, man..."

Gold is currently about $1400/ounce. Pot costs more than that?

7. I know, shits from the erf. Shit's cray it shouldn't be that expensive. 

8. I don't think it's that expensive.  Coca cola on the other hand...  That shits expensive.

9. cause ur skerd to grow its like a tomatoe quit trippin..

10. My plan is to eventually grow for myself and girlfriend. Besides for the lights and smell filters whats left to buy? Water? I water my vegetable garden everyday so I just stop watering that and use it for plants in the basement.

And I'm sorry about the gold thing. Lol. I had no idea it was 1400 an ounce. Must have had wrong information.

11. :smoke:  :love: