Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is weed so expensive in the States???

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by MegaToker, Nov 14, 2012.

1. I can't believe some of the prices I read about from Americans! It's a myth that a lot of weed in the States comes from Canada, so I don't see why it would cost more when there's always weed everywhere in both countries.

I pay no more than $50 a 1/4, $150 an Oz., and I can normally get a QP for $400. Around where I live (New Brunswick) people never buy eighths, probably because weed is relatively cheep. And those are the prices for good weed.

2. You do realise that there the states is a huge country and the price varies from place to place?

It might be expensive in say, new jersey but somewhere like Cali could have cheaper prices than you do...

Also, Canada has a pretty lax approach to weed, right? So obviously it's going to be cheaper there because there is less risk to grow and sell it.

And in the Union it said that in BC something like 1 in every hundred residential houses are growhouses.. way higher amount than anywhere in the us

Sorry but this is one of the least thought out threads I've ever read.

3. Yeah but Canada is too cold . . . I pay a little bit more and enjoy good weather

4. That's probably just because Canada isn't as much a police state as the United States is.

5. :hello:

6. It depends on the state. Prices are usually higher in the bible belt because if you get caught with weed, the judges will have no mercy on your soul.

7. supply and demand my friend.

8. I realize how supply and demand works, as well as the fact that marijuana laws are stricter in the states. I still think that more than 150 an oz is too high! I don't understand people don't stand up and refuse the high prices.

9. [quote name='"MegaToker"']I realize how supply and demand works, as well as the fact that marijuana laws are stricter in the states. I still think that more than 150 an oz is too high! I don't understand people don't stand up and refuse the high prices.[/quote]

You refuse the price then you don't get weed.... See the issue there?

10. dude i have your profile pic as my screensaver :O

11. We want weed man. Dealers know the risks and now people will pay what they want them to pay, or else they don't get weed. Plus, nobody wants to really risk growing their own for their own use because if you get caught with even one plant you're looking at some serious jail time. Considering that, even if you grow it and take that risk just to sell it, you'll sell it for as much as you can because you're proud of it. You don't wanna grow it just for a few hundred bucks. You want as much for it as you can get.

12. Because america is shitty.
    $100-120 a quarter is not what's up.

13. Huh?? I guess I didn't notice.

Oh yes, I grow it I forgot. :wave::smoking:

14. Depends, here in cali I pick up an ounce of bluedream/ogkush etc. for 200 whereas I hear of friends getting ounces for 600.

15. Well, if you want to get technical it's all about economics. Everybody's trying to make a profit and doing their best to get certain things into certain places that certain people don't want in those certain places so different certain people can certainly enjoy them, to put it simply.

16. this is precisely why i don't drive a lamborghini.

i refuse the high price! :devious:

they'll eventually cave. i can feel it.

17. because 'murica is a cruel, cruel place.

18. 1 word. Snitches

19. well canada has less serious consequences, so the risk isnt as high, a lot more people grow it, supply > demand then the prices are lower, as demand pull inflation is low. Also a lot of bud in the states does come from canada, and running it over the border increases the price tenfold because of risk involved. Also, prices vary all over the US as it is a large country.