Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

why is weed decriminalized in NY but still not medical?

Discussion in 'Medical Marijuana Usage and Applications' started by KushSmokaa, Feb 2, 2011.

1. i dont get it, weeds been decriminalized in NY for a while now but how come they dont have medical marijuana? jw, sorry if this is a dumb question i just dont really follow the news

2. No work gets done in Albany. Thats why...

oh and cuomo is against mmj

3. what this guy said

our governor came out against MMJ 5 days before the election, pretty ignorantly too I might add

also, we are quasi decriminalized. there is a loop hole. if the cops want to arrest you, don't worry they will. that law don't mean shit if the cops are being douchebags.. suffolk county cops fall under that category 95% of the time I might add, hell 5 cop cars sitting outside 7/11 every morning..

4. But what is being done about it? I mean, if this Cuomo guy has something against the benefits of marijuana, he should not be the one that makes this decision...Are his pockets lined with pharma money where he refuses to look at the benefits? Fuck that.

Its why I refuse to go doctors anymore, and I am pretty fucking sick...When you bring up marijuana, they say it is ineffective. No, it is not ineffective, it helps. Well, it is illegal...That does not mean it is ineffective, and something I am currently fighting all by myself ( I have been begging for help hoping somebody can point me in the right direction)

The Hippocratic Oath...Doctors are supposed to practice medicine ethically...They are failing, and many of us, who just want to be as healthy as we possibly can, and paying an awful price...I don't get it!!

I want to through my hat into the ring...I have info that could help New Yorkers, but instead, i have to sit back because I smoke weed? Fuck this...

Any help someone could give me would be greatly appreciated. I believe my story, and my work, could help...

5. #5 jsav, Mar 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2011
    Weird.. When I told my doc marijuana is the only thing with my IBS, she was like "Doesn't surprise me, I've heard it works wonders. I have other patients who do the same thing. If it works, keep on doing it." And we went on to talk about how it's BS that we don't have MMJ in NY.

Your cops must be douchebags. I've seen cops respond to a noise complaint, and the second they get to the door and it opens there's a distinct marijuana odor. They just told them to keep the music down and not annoy the people below them. Even the University cops at my school are pretty lax on marijuana.

Guess it's all about where you are. Upstate seems pretty chill.

6. yup cops where im at finding pot is like wining the lotto

7. Regulation takes effort, decriminalization takes none.

8. cuomos an asshat. also some cops ignore the decriminalized and still arrest people for minor shit. pigs..

9. Im going to take a wild guess and say your under 19 years old. I have interacted multiple times with Suffolk cops and they not only let me go, they let me keep the stash if I pass a sobriety test.

10. I'm from Niagara Falls NY. Been in western NY my whole life. Lancaster, Buffalo, Angola/Derby, now Niagara Falls. NY really sucks, lol. I'm not one to regret anything, not that I had a choice I was raised here, but it's nothing to go mad about, but now that I'm 20 I'll be moving soon.

Taxes, weather, cops, people, laws, I could go on and on why NY really is just terrible. 85% of people here are miserable. You go walking the streets and everyone looks insecure, depressed, or acting tough. There are a lot of fucked up people in NY lol, a lot of mental problems with people.

11. im not going to take a wild guess and say you are wrong, im not under 19.

12. We have the same scenario here in MN. The police unions were leaned upon heavily as the only stated reason/objection raised when medical legislation made it through all committees in the legislation last year, and then Governor Tim Pawlenty vetoed a version that finally made its way to his desk after major revisions which made it easily the most controlled mmj law in the land that would have allowed only dying cancer patients access/protection. He still vetoed it. :rolleyes: Given his Presidential aspirations and "Christian" values he portends to represent, there was no way he was signing it into law.

The support is there from the public. It is not there from the politicians' political backers ($$$$.) Proof again the political process has been completely hijacked by our nation's campaign finance laws and controlled by those with vested interests in either framing control of cannabis to their benefit before laws are passed to make it legal, (seemingly, the Dems/progressives) or those who plain make money off of its prohibition at present (which, seems to fall more on the Republican side of the equation.) Its still going to be all about control and special interests, even in a regulated landscape just like any other commodity.

13. i feel you homie im in suffolk too. Undercovers come to my park where we chill regularly and do searches to fuck us over. i didnt even know it was decrimnalized

14. fuck new york man, i'm so fed up with the bullshit here, i live right out side the city up near new rochelle and seriously this state just blows. i mean its cool and all to have new york city literally a train ride away but honestly i could careless for the city. as soon as i finish up college i'm heading straight to cali, probably LA or the bay to work. i'm just so fed up with the cops, the laws, the people here. oh yea and ..fuck cuomo

15. i live in the city, cops are everywhere, they will fuck you even if marijuana is completely legal on a federal level. its what they do. its all they know. they are watching you now.

16. I second this. Ive ran into the cops with weed twice in Suffolk and both times I was let go without even a warning. You just gotta be nice:)

17. this. hell my buddy got busted driving smoking with a roach and the guy just made him park his car and walk home (he was a 2 min walk away from home). They aren't dicks at all just dont be a smart ass with them.

18. what ya mean weed is decriminalized in n.y.?what u mean its legal.ant no way

19. its decriminalized as in you can have 25 grams and only get a fine the first time.

im not fron ny so i dont know if they actually enforce that or just ignore it and arrest u anyway