Why is weed boring for me now?!

Discussion in 'General' started by darkfires12, Sep 20, 2010.

1. My problem isn't that I can't get high. My problem is that getting high isn't the amazing experience it once was. When I get high now, all it does is make me feel tired, hungry, and horny. That's it. And you know what is funny, this boredom happened when I was still new to weed. Not after several months of daily smoking, but when I was still new. My first 15 times smoking were spaced out over the course of five months, but then after the 15th time, this boredom with weed occurred. At first, I thought I wasn't getting high, but then I soon realized I was just not getting the same wonderful feeling that I once got out of my highs. I still get strong head buzzes, but I am not finding myself awed and amazed by the high. Simply, I am bored with my highs now and have been since my 15th time smoking (which was back in February). Also I have only been smoking since August 2009, so one year.

BTW, here is what happened during my 15th time of smoking. I got quite high, but some things happened. Me and my friend had plans to smoke out behind my house, but I forgot my dad was upstairs and could hear us. While I was getting high, I coughed and then my dad shouted down to us and my friend split. I finished the bowl by myself and after I finished, I was feeling INTENSELY HIGH. I was actually in pain from the high. Anyway, I figured my dad interfering with my smoking caused me to have a "bad high" so I left the house with my friend and my high started feeling good. I then smoked a few more bowls (because I had plans to get really high), but then puked and went home and passed out. I was trying to get really stoned that night, but as you can see, problems arose and that didn't work out. Do you think those problems I experienced caused weed to stop feeling "magical" to me.

2. Try using weed to enhance your life. Dont use it to fill some void to waste time, far too many people fall into that habit.

3. You do it too much. You're used to being high most of the time, right? Try being sober.

That 'magical feeling' was your brain being exposed to a new substance. I was never social that much so when I was w friends smoking, and I usually got paranoid. But if I smoked alone, a tiny pinch of dro got me super baked. When I was watchin the tv higher than a mofo, I felt like I was at a cinema.

4. Its because you got scared and greened out. Its not that big of a deal, You might feel it a little over the next few times you get high but afterwards it will be back to NORML.

5. Alright, now replace everything you said about smoking and put masturbation in place of it.

Now you see how everything enjoyable can become boring.

6. This boredom just suddenly happened though, that is the point. Its not like I was smoking daily for months and then I started feeling bored. I was still a newbie and then after my 15th time(and my 15th time was back in February of this year), this boredom happened. So yeah, I have been feeling this boredom with weed since February.

I will admit I am starting to find my highs more enjoyable, but that doesn't change the fact that all weed really does is make me tired.

7. Have you tried playing video games?

8. Yes. I played F-Zero on Gamecube, but didn't really do much. I usually don't get a chance to play video games while high since I usually toke up outside with my friends and chill with them.

9. haha welcome to my world but i got passed it by making hash and keif and hash oil and i smoke that on top of a bowl and its like the 1st time but its about 2 months since then and my tolerence changed but its good if u wanna get ripped

10. Try taking up a new activity.

Hiking is a great hobby for stoners imo.

11. Yeah, I've been thinking of trying a new activity while high. I have social anxiety so toking up around people isn't the best thing for me. I can hardly speak while I am high now and I think it has to do with my anxiety.

Anyway, I have thought about toking up my house and then drawing.

12. sounds like an afternoon to me!

13. This is good advice.

14. Exactly what I was going to say.
    If you pretend there is magic behind cannabis, I can see why you're disappointed. Cannabis can enhance many aspects of life, but cannabis alone would be pretty damn dull, even to me.

15. I experienced the same thing. There's a valid scientific explanation behind it, and I'm almost certain it's for the following reason: when you consume THC, it disrupts normal function in certain areas of the brain particularly memory and learning. Because of this, your brain has to reroute using different neural pathways to achieve the same effect (i.e. what we would call 'learning'.) For me, and maybe for you guys also, when I'm high, I experience that same sensation like when I've just learned something profound and I speculate that the feeling originates from the brain 'relearning' how to do everything all over again while high. I even tried to use this to my advantage by 'reprogramming' myself to be more calm around people because normally interaction with people so frequently slams on the amygdala's fight or flight button that I avoid others like the plague, even family. Long story short, after burning through an ounce over a period of a month, I've noticed that I'm considerably more aware of myself and others even while sober and I'm not nearly as inexplicably afraid of people.

I am so convinced of this, that I'd have to see with my own eyes, through a microscope, evidence that proves me wrong.

16. makes plenty of sense. I think you right about the different neural pathways and that feeling of thinking that you have found something significant. I think that if this can be proven, its safe to say that marijuana stimulates learning and neural health when used in moderation on a daily basis.

17. Some people just aren't that into it. Sounds like you're one of them.

Don't do it for other people; if you're getting no enjoyment from it, there's no point.

Why don't you just leave it, then maybe try it again in a few years when your brain's fully physically developed? (I'm guessing you're quite young - apologies if I'm wrong.)

18. I'm not doing pot for anyone else. I've always done it for myself and I perfectly enjoyed the herd. Hell, I'm angry that I'm already experiencing boredom with weed despite the fact that I haven't smoked nearly as much as my friends.

I just want to get over that crap, though I'll take a few months off if it can restart my love for weed.

19. #19 Functional, Sep 21, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2010
    I do it like once a month even if that. Never bores me out. I don't think it's the tolerance, it's just that, it's more normal feeling to you than being sober, while being sober is just being boring perhaps.

As you've been instructed, cut out the smoke for awhile. Live couple if not few months without a smoke, just cut those loose ends you currently may have or something like that. After you start actually enjoying your sober state, then try smoking again and see where it gets you.

And after that, just don't smoke too much. I'm not saying that as rarely like me, but just try to limit it. The same thing happens in many other situations too: Girlfriends/Wifes, console/pc games, all that.

Best of luck to you mate!

( Oh and also as said, if you are young like me, currently at my 18's, then your brain is not yet fully developed and is indeed more prone to have a response like this lot quicker than at age of 20, where it is fully developed! )

20. Do some crazy shit outside.

Skateboard, climb mountains, go swimming, go for a bike ride,....shit do something!

it seems like people think they can just get high and have a crazy time sitting there doing nothing.