Why Is This Relationship Thing So Hard?

Discussion in 'General' started by PostPunk420, May 23, 2008.

1. Okay, I finally have a girlfriend. I thought the hardest part was asking her out. I don't know, that may be tied with building a relationship. It's especially hard that we're both introverts and have no previous experience with dating. Does the guy always constantly have to be making the first move? It's been six days since I asked her out. We're not holding hands yet. How do I know when I should be doing that or any physical contact? Also, as far as dates go, where would be the best places to go on dates? So far I only know of movie theaters and parks.

2. I've had a girlfriend for over a year and I love her to death...we met on the first day of college and flirted for a long ass time, up until I finally had the nads to ask her out and we are near perfect as can be. I think the only thing I could tell you is to just be yourself man. If you keep thinking things over in your head you will never enjoy the moment. If she is with you obviously feels some sort of emotional and physical connection, so don't sell yourself short. If you are about to kiss, don't think "Where do my hands go? Should I try to slip in a little tongue?" Second guessing is never good.

First relationships are rough dude. It took me a long time to figure everything out and I am still learning new things every day. That is the fun of it. You are both learning things together and as time passes by you will become closer and understand each other's tendencies. When you reach that plateau, you realize it is all worth it.

3. If your dating you should be fucking.

4. First bit of advice - relax!

Now... Keep it casual. I'd venture to say your either in or just out of high school, or just stepping foot in college; either way time is on your side and theres no real reason to rush things, so like I said - keep it casual. Do what feels right as it feels right. Rushing shit early on burns out a lot of couples in the infatuation stage, and you can guess where a lot of them go. But seeing as how you are each others firsts you two have a lot of learning and experiencing that can be done together.

As far as the introversion is concerned, it may cause communication problems down the road, and comminication problems can pose problems over time. But lets think about now, and hope that as yout two continue happily on your way while getting over that. And as far as dates are concerned, talk to her! Shes your girl, you know her better than any of us do or ever will. Ask her what she would like to do, and if she has no suggestion, then you make one, and if she doesn't dig it, then try and think of something together.

And finally, I'm personally fanatically optimistic about way too much, but don't forget that the first one isn't always the one; however, if she is, then kudos to you man! Thats a rare thing these days. But like I was saying, if what I said first here is the case, don't let yourself turn into one of those miserable saps who won't move on out of the fear of being alone, and there are plenty of fish in the sea of course.

5. Wow dogg, your over analyzing shit. Relax mayne.

6. yea, just let it flow. The relationship process shouldn't be heard- it builds itself when you both are yourselves. You're making it hard for yourself.

7. Fa sho, it's easy man. Quit usin ya head mayne, follow ya heart. :smoking:

8. You think this is difficult?

Wait till your living with someone... [​IMG]

SnT's right though..just relax and things'll fall into place. I recommend drinking. :)

9. I'm sorry, but I just don't conform to that school of thought. Relationships, when they enter the "serious" realm are anything but easy. That is the whole point, they are not meant to be easy. You both have to fit your lives and personalities with each other and that is never easy. Concessions have to be made, sacrifices made, and hard time put in to make it work.

I do agree that the relationship buds when you both act yourself but a relationship is never easy once you start getting serious.

10. Sorry, but I couldn't possibly imagine asking a forum about every aspect of my relationship. You've made many threads about this girl situation now, isn't it time you took responsibility and dealt with this problem yourself? People on this board can give you advice, but when it comes down to it, it's YOUR call. YOU need to deal with this; it builds character and is an important part of growing up. I can't give you any advice other than just feel it out. Both of you are obviously very inexperienced with relationships, and hopefully things will get better as time goes on.

11. Dude definatly hold hands and go fartther. I mean if she is your gf then she won't reject you making the move so make it.

12. Hmm, I hope your only talking about this case in point... lol

13. well its time to see what type of girl you have thier,,,

it is definally time for you make a move on her,,,, she's proablly horny as hell..................... time to find out<<

get her backed up in a corner,,, and fimly squeeze one of her ass cheeks,,, while putting your tounge in her ear,,,,

and telling her you like orange and white sprinkels on your cupcakes....

and see where she goes after that knowledge,,:cool:

..http://[​IMG]:p

14. haha, that sounds so extreme. she'll probably hate me for that. she's on the conservative side. that picture is so warm and cute though. is that you and your gf?

15. ^Exactly:hello:.

16. hell no,,, that aint me or my woman,,,, that female got's a nose that looks like a witches beak,

17. Almost 5 years here. :)

It really isn't hard. Like everyone said...just be yourself and relax. It may or may not work out, but as long as you're yourself, you'll always find the girl that's a great match for you.

18. ^^ That, not neccesarily true.

My g/f and I abstained from sex for several months when we got together in order to get to know one another.

We've been together for almost 3 years now.

19. haha now thats funny. Spend some time reading chickens posts. Youll quickly realize he aint so cuddlemuffin, whipped motherfucker. Hes a womanizing, manly man, hick. :D :hello: (thats a complement :D)

20. Amen. +rep for knowing the truth... lol