Why is this happening

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by Davinci6, Aug 20, 2017.

1. #2 Salty82, Aug 20, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2017
    What are you feeding them? Are they getting enough phosphorus? How does the rest of the plant look?

2. It's a symptom of nitrogen deficiency which is absolutely normal during late flowering. If it happens to too many leaves early in flowering it could mean you need to add a bit more nitrogen. Shouldn't be needed though.

First to third grow. From beginner to novice lol.

3. Last grow..nothing yellowed and it was really time by the trichs..Maybe because my Nutes are Canna Terra Flora which has its own N..:)

4. Some will, some won't. My first 2 were fine and never yellowed. My current grow being under more powerful lights did. All depends on how much they have and need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The rest is doing really good its underneath more at the bottom
    This is the whole plant
    [​IMG]

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Agreed. That plant looks fine but it isn't flowering. It will but it isn't yet

7. That is normal for plants in flowering ( or even in veg ) when the lower leaves are not getting any light...Just pluck those off and don't worry about it unless the upper leaves start doing it,Then it's an issue to pursue .

8. Shes flowering jus going pretty slow been showing hairs since week three and is now in week 4 and this is a couple of the tops [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Looks ok to me and been pulling off the leaves that are wilting and i think u are right about it being normal the top looks perfect i waz jus getting worried about the bottom dieing off

Sent from my LGMS210 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. #13 MarcG420, Aug 23, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2017
    I think you're confused what "flowering for 4 weeks" means...

Edit:
    What lights are you using? Is this an auto or a photo plant?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'm using CFLs and I been on 12/12 about 4 weeks but only been showing hairs about 4 days does that mean it's only been really flowering 4 days cuz like u said I probably got it wrong

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

11. Yes, you count from when the pistils start showing in force.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Really though this is a strong sign that you don't have enough light in there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. #18 Budmiser, Aug 28, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2017
    If you've been on 12/12 for 4 weeks,then you've been "in flower" for 4 wks...If you had enough light,you would have significant buds developed by now.
    All the major seed suppliers who give out "specs" on their strains,will claim a particular "flowering time" for each of their strains....So , if it is a "63 day" strain, they mean 63 days from 12/12 flip,NOT from whenever you think you have enough pistols to start counting. AND...Their "specs" are ASSUMING you have the proper amount of light,Temp,Humidity,etc,etc...
    Your plant will still finish eventually,but will just take longer that it should,and the buds will be light and airy,not dense and fat as you would like....I experienced this on my first grow , in which I used cfls..

14. How many equivalent to 100watt cfl light bulbs should I have if I'm using cfls

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

15. You don't start counting from when you flip the lights, you start from when you see pistils. At least that what I've always been told and done myself.

You're right in saying that there should be significant development by now of course. But in this particular case it's best to start counting from only a couple of days ago as that's when he got pistils.