Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is there "clone only" strains?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Chief rocka, Apr 27, 2012.

1. So i smoked a bit and started thinking. There is strains like blue dream or original trainwreck (not GHS one) that are clone only strains because they come from one single mother plant that has its unique genetics.

Well if mother is in vegging stage isn't it possible to stress it a bit so it goes hermie and then start flowering so it pollinaties itself? I mean, if plant pollens itself the seed genetics should be the same as mother plant, right? :confused:

I hope some experienced breeders could answer my question. :rolleyes:

2. That's the process of making feminized seeds. I'm now wondering why this would not work for clone only strains to carry on genetics. Great point!

3. Maybe because it would expose the plants genetics to being more prone to be a hermie plant? Otherwise I'm not sure.

4. #4 Chief rocka, Apr 28, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 28, 2012
    Yeah, i thought about it too. But i think that is how breeding goes! Cross them for a few generations and choose only healthyest and biggest plants, keep only those plants who are 100% male or female to get a stable genotype, isn't it happening that way?