Why is the media so bad an interpreting Trump's statements?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Tbone Shuffle, Jul 10, 2018.

1. It's so bad it borders on outright lying. It really doesn't even border on it.

For over a month now we've had to hear outrageous statements from Canadians including the prime minister that are so insulted that Trump said that Canada was a national security threat they don't know what to do. They are beside themselves they feel so insulted.

The problem is, he never said that. Nobody in the media including Fox even has the balls to point out that is not what Trump said at all and to attribute that to his words means that you must have no comprehension of the English language.

Every one of these "insulted Canadian" including the prime minister is an idiot victim of the biased medias lies. Too dumb to see the truth in front of their own eyes. They just hear what they want to hear.

This "statement" Trump made that is so insulting to Canada they can't believe starts at 2:05 seconds and ends at 2:15. If you keep watching he goes on to say that Canada and Mexico may be exempted.

Did you see where he insulted Canada and called them a national security threat? Neither did I. Does any country believe that not having a real steel industry of your own isn't a national security risk? Why would any thinking person assume that what Trump said has to do with Canada? He never said Canada.

Out of the probably over 100 articles one can pull up on this subject from about ever major media outlet, even Canadian ones. I have yet to find a single one pointing out the truth of this situation. It's just sad.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Canada is certainly not a national security risk, Trump is just using national security excuse to justify tariffs. It's BS though, if a war actually ever did deprive the US of steel imports they could easily transition into producing more themselves. Using tariffs to protect an inefficient American steel industry certainly hurts America more than it provides any national security benefit.

So yeah, the media is lying about Trump as usual, but the tariffs are still terrible.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Every country uses tariffs to protect their industry. They aren't terrible. They're completely necessary. Free trade was a joke payoff to large corporations. We can't have a country of nothing but a service industry.

That transition period you speak of where we would have to put in actual new large scale production facilities is what is called a national security risk. The time it takes is a time of vulnerability.

Our steel industry is inefficient because it's outdated. It's not going to be rebuilt by importing cheap steel.

4. I try to avoid politics because someone always gets upset. No matter what side of the aisle you are on stories and words get manipulated just to make a specific individual or party look bad. This presidency has been extremely divided and it really does go both ways. You have to take everything with a grain of salt.

I think Trump is a decent president he just needs to stay off twitter. I am however not a fan of tariffs in general they seem to hurt every country involved more than help.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Because Trump's a ball of confusion, he contradicts himself continuously so it's hardly surprising that his "message" is usually lost.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. There are myriad reasons why China's steel is cheaper, and there is no benefit to denying that cheaper steel to the entire country in order to protect an American steel industry that can't stand on it's own feet. It might save a few steel worker jobs, but what about all the Americans who work in other industries that consume steel? Not to mention consumers themselves. Free trade is great, it benefits everyone involved.

The national security excuse is what is a joke. There is no plausible scenario where the United States would be denied all foreign sources of steel. If a war with China happened for example, they wouldn't be able to buy from China, but they could just buy it from another country instead(Canada for example), while organizing their own domestic production if necessary. It's the flimsiest of justifications.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I made a big post about this earlier in the year but Chinese steel is crap. Poorly made, poorly inspected crap.

I cited like 10 articles about buildings in China and the US collapsing from shoddy steel and Australia nixing Chinese steel due to structural failure.

What they're selling is garbage, I for one don't support the buying, at the same time I don't have high hopes for this trade war.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Well if it's shit just don't buy it, doesn't justify tariffs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I didn't say it did. Infact I said it didn't.

"Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished."

10. That's a very poor excuse for stuffing words in people's mouths that never came out of it and reporting on it. Trump is so "confusing" we forgot how to understand the English language? He wasn't very confusing in those statements. The media wonders why nobody trusts them? The left has gone so hard on the Trump hate it's most likely going to backfire on them.

They don't realize that they're using the same strategy that they did in the election? Did it work for them then? They're alienating their base. Most thinking minorities know the dems don't have their best interest at heart. The unions have now figured out that they pay the democratic party for nothing.

• Like Like x 2
  11. Free trade is great for corporations and whoever can make the goods the cheapest. That's not necessarily in the interests of our country and it's industries.

I'm sure you think that Bill Clinton did everyone a favor. I think most auto workers in the US and many other industries would disagree.

12. It's a little known fact that our entire drug supply is polluted by cheap drugs from India with ingredients out of China. The FDA is completely overwelmed to even attempt to inspect these factories in China and India. Especially the Chinese government is very against it and always assumes that our inspectors are spies since that's how they get all of their info.

We don't even make any antibiotics in America.

Free trade is a shit show. I'm sure we can trust China and India to make our drugs. China puts lead paint on children's toys and poisons dog food.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Your rant about the democrats is great and all but Trump causes the confusion himself.

Take Obama and golf as an example, Trump was crying 24/7 about Obama golfing but has surpassed him in his dedication to golf. This is pure hypocrisy. There are many many more examples of this with Trump.

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. #14 SmokinP, Jul 10, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
    Where's your source for these claims?

15. Here is DT's message delivered by one of his supporters but another media person explains it like the rest of us (not deep cultists programmed by his bigoted BS)...

( 4 min. video clip )

Chris Cuomo Flips the Script on Laura Ingraham: ‘If You Don’t Like What America Is, You Leave’

16. That's what they've always done with Republican politicians (or, in the case of Fox News, Democratic ones). Most people believe everything their pundits tell them.

Of course, Trump doesn't help himself by actually spewing a ton of horseshit.

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Blows my mind. Everyone can see the system of bullshit that the pundits make their millions off of - but oddly, they can only see it with the enemy factions. Republicans cry about MSNBC, Democrats about Fox, but neither seem to grasp that they are both being fucked up the ass.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Where's the proof? I read a bit of the transcript and she seems full of all types of conspiracies, whining about foreign countries manufacturing drugs cheaper than their rip off merchant counterparts in the US.

Is there any evidence that drugs manufactured in India are dangerous or inferior to others? Or are you basing your views on a journalists speculation?

19. She's a highly qualified journalist who's done the work and written books/articles about it. I'm sure she has sources. If you paid attention to what she's saying part of the problem is nobody is really inspecting these Indian and Chinese drug manufacturers. It's a fact that's where much of our drugs come from now. I wouldn't bother debating that.