Why is Sushi so Popular Among Westerners?

Discussion in 'General' started by PostPunk420, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Why is sushi so popular among westerners?

2. I love it it tastes good nice texture nice flavor nice rice nice wrapping nice seeds nice sauce

suchi good. HAH :smoking:

3. It tastes good.

case closed.

4. I'm not sure exactly. I guess because it tastes really nice and has been given the chance to embed itself culturally? I'm sure there's many people in far-off parts of the world asking why McDonalds is so popular.

All I know is that on Saturday I'm going to a pot cafe downtown and then a sushi restaurant (possibly an all you can eat) immediately after!

But yeah, sometimes my feelings towards sushi border on lust.

5. Sorry man i love all seafood, I worked on ther docks for a while up in point judith RI, we ate raw clams, mussel, etc. but i cant eat no sushi, it just taste nasty to me. Maybe if i was trashed and hungry.

6. i think sushi is delicious. and some people think its trendy.

7. Yay for globalization haha

8. its too trendy for me to even want to try it.

9. While good in intent, this question is pretty dumb.

Why is anything popular around the world?

Globalization hits it right on the head. People like different shit, and they like what other people like. You can find any sort of food anywhere in america, I mean jesus everyone knows the USA was a melting pot of cultures

10. Because it is so remarkably different.
    It's a unique taste, one which is only found at a Sushi Bar.

11. what makes sushi trendy?

12. we love it because we all try to be sooo politically correct-- we don't seem to realize that it all tastes like mostly rice dipped in soy or other sauce-- jesus, we all just need something new to spend our money on and so we can pretend that we know what we're talking about and that we 'know' we're cool-- don't get me wrong, i LOVE sushi, but i think i just like shit wrapped in little rice balls and that it could be almost anything wrapped in there-- Regards, probus

13. alot of sushi restaurants are "trendy" especially in places like L.A. or NYC
    so some people just eat at them to them because its "chic"
    thats all i meant by some people think sushi is trendy.

14. whats your favorite roll

i live for philly rolls

15. it tastes pretty good but the main reason i believe is that its a status symbol.

16. I love me some cali and crunch rolls. I remember me and 2 other homies going in on a party platter then smoked a kush blunt and made that shit dissapear.

17. because it is so yummy!! yay for tuna and salmon roll

18. the rest just haven't caught up yet ;)

19. uhhh cause its good