Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is some weed so harsh?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by -aCe-, Feb 19, 2011.

1. Hey guys, I have been noticing that strong indicas are really harsh at times. I don't what it is, the weed isn't that dry and smells like skunk too. But even in the bong, the smoke is harsh as fuck and makes me wanna quit after one hit.

Another reason why i dislike indica, but what do you guys think

2. Well inhaling burning plant matter tends to be harsh.

3. No op i know what you mean, i have very sensitive lungs (due to allergies to pretty much everything airborne and smokin cigs lol) when i smoke too much indica all day i feel really fuckin tight in the chest. i think they just (tend) to produce thicker smokes in my opinion

4. sounds like you noobs need to stop buying from amateur growers who dont know when to harvest.

5. You obviously have never viewed my pick up thread. Calling me an amateur lol, you are a damn fool

• Like Like x 2
  6. Well my dealer usually has sativa grade but you gotta tell em to bring "high grade" it else he brings indica. So last time I forgot and just took it.

And yea indica does seem to produce thicker/brownish smoke. Also it smells more earthy.

7. Well i buy from a very legit dispensary that has a goof variety of sativas and indicas of which i try to pick up one of each every time. From personal experience too much indica in one day make my lungs feel like death, but like i said i smoke cigs and have horrid allergies so they contribute, but days of all sativas, usually dont have the same symptom

• Like Like x 1
  8. I also find some weed harsher than others..it sucks

such is life

9. Just strain differences man. Some dank hits better than others, but it's not usually how I judge the high, just means a little more coughing. You get used to the dankness after enough repeated use I've found.:wave:

10. all depends on how you cure it, if it's not cured properly it's gonna be harsh

11. I'm not sure but I've come to think multiple things can contribute to the harshness of weed, the things I could think of and remember arm were:

Buds improperly cured

If the the plant was flushed of fertilizer at the proper time before harvest

Harvested at the wrong time in plants maturity

Also sometimes if you smoke when you're really dehydrated it's super harsh like that too.

I think I had another bright idea but I forgot cuz I just lit up. Lol.

I hate when I pick up a gooey eighth but discover it's harsh AF upon first smoke, cough up all this black shit hope I don't develop lung cancer even quicker from that shit bleh. It's a sad day today because I'm only on this thread because I just got a whole fourth of this shit, looks dank, definitely gets you high.. At the cost of 30% of your lung capacity haha.

There's usually like this weird hay/dusty yet moist smell to harsh weed in my experience so watch out for that.

13. Like others have already said, when it's harvested and how it's cured has an effect. But remember, you are still smoking something which is inherently bad for your lungs anyway regardless of what it is you're smoking.

As far as if indica or sativa are harsher than one another, to be honest I don't really know because there's just too many factors there. You have the harvesting and curing, then on top of that everybody's lungs are different in some way not to mention the method of smoking. There's just too many variables.

14. You can do a water cure of harsh tasting cannabis and it will become a milder smoke.

15. Indicas are also stronger and therefore tends to make you want to smoke less of it. They definitely give more of a lung hit. I could stretch a quarter of indica out for like a month, but a quarter of sativa would do good to last a week.

16. I totally agree! I just tried Theory Wellness in Boston when I was on a business trip for a couple weeks it's a medicinal recreational center all you need is valid ID and you can buy up to 2 oz of flour, Edibles or concentrate. I couldn't wait to try some of their bud it looks so yummy. There's a limit of how much you can get a day, you know what the best selling flower is because they only let you got an eighth of it so that's how I can usually tell what the best fastest selling bud is. The two times I was there the first time I bought a sativa it wasn't bad. I did notice a lot harsher than anything I ever got off the street but very potent you only needed one hit out of my bubbler. Sativa is their top sellers because it's the most intense high, that's what people want. You can legally buy up to 2 oz of smokable flower. But you can only buy what they allow which is indica or hybrid. Sativas sell out the fastest. They'll offer you more of the bud that's not as popular. Whether it's sativa hybrid or indica all looks great and smells like fresh cut grass melons or fruit none of them look like low-grade commercial bud off the street in the inner city, but yet when I did get it off the street in the city it wasn't his harsh and I finished it. I still have five strains I never finished any of them I bought two separate bubblers, thinking that would help make it not as harsh and smoother to smoke it didn't. I always wash out my bubblers with hot soapy water because when they make them, the glass is blown with chemicals so you want to wash it thoroughly, rinse it and dry it. I use ice cold filtered water only because tap water has chlorine and other chemicals, and if you really think about it do you want to smoke through that? Out of the seven strains that I purchased all together to see which ones I like the best sativa hybrid or indica all of them got me high yet they all were very harsh on the throat and airway. So I got a bong washed it thoroughly filled it up with Poland Spring water, filled it to the top with ice cubes and it still felt like it singed my airway. You would think how could I possibly be harsh going through ice chunks in cold filtered water and ice cubes? Maybe I'm just not used to how strong they are growing bud now? They only get the best reviews and state mandates they have everything lab tested before it's approved for human consumption or smokable flower. Just like a prescription it's labeled the amount of THC, how much THC your getting per hit when it was tested and when it's tested and approved by a third party lab not associated with the company for mold fungus herbicides pesticides and heavy metals. It was also enforced by the mayor that he insisted all smokable flower be tested thoroughly for quality before sold or I would have never purchased anything from them. Maybe it's just me? I didn't see complaints about how strong that it was to smoke. But I say if you're ever in Boston and you do check them out smoke at your own risk. Or be prepared to gag like a MF!

17. What's water cure? I normally always smoked through ice cold filtered water and filtered ice cubes. But never tried that?

18. Anytime bud is heavier or has a moist feeling meaning from being picked then straight to sale doesn't mean it was grown wrong or bad, it may have been been cultivated perfectly and flushed before picking the bud which is the right way to cultivate. It's supposed to be flushed with special filtered water before picking, it gets all the Miracle-Gro and chemicals to make the bud more potent flushed out. But when you go to smoke it will burn much hotter than normal, because you have to torch the hell out of moist bud to get it to turn to gas form trying to smoke it, and can be a painful experience. They can also sell it for more because if its weight. I recommend if bud seems harsh put it on a clean surface to dry out more and try it in the morning.

19. OP is 9 years old I don't think they need advice anymore dude lol

20. Oh didn't realize you're right lol

• Friendly Friendly x 1