Why is Philosophy not taught throughout school?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Digit, May 16, 2004.

1. I was taught philosophy in high school but it was all from a christian perspective and was therefor warped and much of what I learned was actually inaccurate. At the very least it was misrepresented.

2. Did you question them? I always try to come with a unbiased perception.

3. Nope. At that point I was a kid still living under the misconception that religion doesn't have an agenda.

4. Yeah same here, my curiosity ability didn't exactly kick until I progressed as a teenager.

5. idk but if it was i can guarantee you marijuana would not be illegal right now.

6. Because it promotes thinking.

'they don't want you sitting at the kitchen table figuring out that you're getting fucked in the ass by a stem that threw you overboard 30 fucking years ago'

'we don't need a nation of thinkers, we need a nation of workers'

7. Because this country is based on talking, and not thinking deeper out of the context....

8. Philosophy should be one of the standard subjects in every persons education.
    Unfortunately we are being told what we have to remember instead of actually learning what we want to know.

9. Thinking is dangerous. Can't have people thinking.:devious:

10. you go to high school to conform and assimilate to being the same as everyone else and to work

11. Taking an existentialism class in college right now and it is pretty enlightening. Kierkegaard, Nietzsche, Heidegger and Sartre. brb Being-in-the-world. :cool: