Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Why is my weed covered in a white powder?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Bladegunner123, Apr 26, 2016.

1. So I picked up some new bud and it's covered in a white powder or subsatnce. I think it's mold. I have been buying from this person for awhile and never had any problems.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Looks okay to me...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Lol. You sure it isn't trichomes? Looks fine to me.

My Journal

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. lol when you realize you have actually dank bud but too dumb to notice (sarcasm)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  5. That's a thick coat of crystals! Or at least looks like it from the pics. The bud looks really dank imo.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Don't smoke it little Blade! You'll get moldy-lung. Send it to me and can dispose of it in a safe way.

That weed looks great. That's what good weed is supposed to look like lol

• Like Like x 5
  7. he trolling or it's his first time buying real dank weed :RoorRip:

• Like Like x 1
  8. It's bad. You should give it to me and I will dispose of it for you.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

9. because powdered donuts.

• Like Like x 4
  10. So he bought it from the cops?
    Babys first dank

11. It's just dank weed, those white powder, are THC crystals.

12. #13 freenerd, Apr 27, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2016
    When you crumble it, its got a ton of powder right? It's not dank crystals even if it does look like that. I get stuff with mad bag appeal that has the same disgusting shit on it.

Just hydro that has not been flushed well enough, and perhaps the grower used a bunch of those additives like Brix. I get your stuff all the time, and it sucks. It can actually be good, but that powdery stuff is not what its meant to be like.

If you flush for 2-3 weeks its never like that. That powdery stuff is just so common. Down to the additives and flushing. Good hydro never has this problem. OP, weed is not meant to be like that, and when its not it can be glorious. Find a new connect or start growing.

When you grind it up, take the powdery shit and cake it on your finger, pile it up on your finger and cake it, and show us a picture, then everyone can see this shit ain't legit. I posted pictures of it a while ago, and ya'll told me it was either fungus or potassium silicate. I believe OPs bud suffers the same shit.

You'll never encounter this problem in Germany, while in the UK its common. Just growing culture. Although, I have had BC Bud that had this powdery film.

13. ^^^^^ bad advice. Apparently from someone who hasn't seen decent weed before

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 4
  14. Yeah in America it is unheard of to add ground glass to weed to give it bag appeal like in the UK. High quality weed is plentiful in North America.

• Like Like x 3
  15. Holy shit, people add glass to weed?? I'm in America...been smoking for 20 years...never once have seen or heard of someone putting fucking glass in a bag of weed. Wow that's stupid.

My Journal

16. Never heard or seen this happen in the UK sounds strange, are you from the UK?

• Like Like x 1
  17. I'm from the U.S. but have read other threads where people from U.K. were complaining about something called "grit weed" which is low quality bud with finely ground glass sprinkled on it to mimic trichomes and add weight to the bag as well. It was literally an epidemic from what I understand. This was a couple years ago and the black market may have changed in the UK by now.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Crazy. As if black lungs weren't enough lol

My Journal

19. They will be new paranoid stoners, I've been smoking for 9 odd years living in 3 big areas of Britain and have never seen or heard anyone talk about it. I've seen people add glass to other things for weight but never cannabis.