why is my seed not growing?

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Outdoors' started by sticky icky bud, Aug 18, 2009.

1. This morning at 7:00AM i put some soil into a cup and planted a seed about a half inch deep and used a small amoutn of water to water the soil. it has not grown at all and is now 4:40PM. it has been cloudy today, and the seed was perfectly fine. Did i do something wrong or am i impaitent?

2. lol you should have germinated it first.

3. does it have to be germanted first?

4. not necessarily. but that way you can be sure it will sprout. you know how to right?

5. yeah ive read alot of stuff up before i started this shit. But prehaps it didnt grow at all because the sun was hiding behind clouds?

6. if it's underground the sun has absolutely no effect on it. also it will most likely take a day or two, or even more. just leave it alone. plants don't just magically sprout up as soon as they are planted.
    when i tried to grow i used the method of germination where you let the seed soak in water until it sunk. one wouldn't sink even after about 3 days of being in the water. i decided to just plant it along with another seed in the same solo cup. the first seed that did germinate sprouted the day after i planted it. it stretched to bad though and i pulled it up and killed it after a week. when i pulled it up it pulled the other seed i planted to the surface which just had the tap root barely poking out, i re-planted it and it did great.
    that is not normal, but just showing it can take over a week to sprout.

7. Perhaps you are expecting results way too damn quick? :)

8. it takes a min of 24 hours man be patient. just relax and smoke a doobie :smoking:

9. Yeah rather not buy any herb because its to expensive. and u get shit as stuff. its like 25 dollars for a a third of a gram

10. They do not grow as fast as Chia Pets.

11. where the hell do you live? no where in the world is weed anywhere near that expensive. (at least nothing i have heard of) i think you are just getting ripped off really badly, try to find a better connect.

12. It's 1/4 inch in the soil, not 1/2 (should be ok though just leave it). It can take 7-10 days (or more) in some cases. Water gently and let dry a bit for 2-3 days and repeat. Good luck.

13. na dude im over exraguting. its atleast 25 dollars for like half a gram and i live in new zealand. i can get a decent amount for 20 dollars but it involves a 3 hour road trip. and i do not have a car :( i think its so over priced over here because people just plant seeds and get piss all because there all dumb fucks and dont know what there doing

14. :smoking::hello:

15. trying to get ur post count up by spaming? nice. o btw nice garden dude im watchin ur log thing, very nice!

16. isn't it a little late to be growing? You live on the other side of the world, so maybe I'm wrong, but for most people you plant in april-early may and harvest september-october.

Also, you need more patience for the seed to come up. Its not gonna happen in 9 hours haha.