Why is my plant so short and bushy?!?!

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by Saratogatoker, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Whats going on GC? So here is the run down- I planted my sour diesel bag seed the first week in june, the fifth I think. It was planted in MG. All she had was sun until about two and a half weeks ago. I have 386w of cfl pumping on her now. Recently I have transplanted her in to a three gallon smart pot with FFOF. I guess what the problem is that im lacking serious under growth. So what do you guys think, throw it into flowering and hope for a big cola bug or just abort mission? I wish I could port old pics but they won't let me up load pics I have already posted in threads. Here are two recent ones

Attached Files:

2. there is nothing wrong with your plant, it is short and bushy because it has enough light to grow the way it is meant to. those yellow leafs on the bottom should be removed the plant knows those leafs are dieing and its sending extra nutrients to it to keep it a live as long as possible. It's just a waste of plant energy, that the plant could be using to grow bigger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CFL's tend to create short plants with tight node spacing. Did you top it?

4. plant looks good to me too. looks like a nice short, squat indica dominate plant. keeping the light at the correct distance (close) keeps the stretching to a minimum. you will get some stretching when you switch to flower, which i would do now....

5. #5 Saratogatoker, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    Thanks. I got rid of those leaves this morning.

6. #6 Saratogatoker, Jul 27, 2011
    Yeah I topped on two occasions.

7. #7 Saratogatoker, Jul 27, 2011
    Im planning on flowering asap, I'm just waiting on my bulb.

8. would you be able to scrog a setup like this one?