Why is my plant dying?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by classman45, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Okay I am using a home made dwc system that re circulates the water to a separate res it holds around 44ltr of water. I'm using tap water that is around 70ppm and stood for atleast 24hrs.

I have a 300w led and four 40w growing cfl.

Three part AN ph perfect nutes with calmag as I thought that was the issue.

The ph sits at around 7 but people keep tellng me not to use and ph down as it destables the nutes and kills the plans.

All help really needed. Asap

Same leaf different lighting to help you see. I picked it off myself it didn't fall off.[​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. I got no experience with those pH perfect nutes, but Mandala has some good grow guides worth reading.
    Here's one of them.
    Marijuana Nutrient Problems

The section on over-fertilization is especially good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. pH problems? does not look like cal or mag

• Like Like x 1
  4. Yea I guessed that when I started digging through the net. Honestly don't know. People tell me not to do my ph even though it's at 7. And now I read something saying it's a nute lockout. Not really getting much help.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I keep my DWC ph at 5.8 at around there with nutrients in it

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Yea I saw on the net it's supposed to be at that but people are saying that and ph down mixed into the nutes will make it unstable enough to kill the plants. You know if this is true?

• Like Like x 1
  7. I use GH nutrients and have to adjust to ph of 5.8

8. I've been using ph down since going to hydro a year ago with no problems with using it at all

• Like Like x 1
  9. I always adjust after nutrients installed

• Like Like x 2
  10. You have very hard water if out of tap ppm of 700 they make hard water nutrients that's probably where you need to look my guess not a pro but that's where I'd be going.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ph is one of the most important things I found since going hydro. At different ph readings it take the nutrients in at those ph levels if not right not good. Deal with what is happening to you now ph has to be between 5.5-6.5 no more or less I've found. 5.8 is bout where I keep it but let it go lil ways both ways cause different nutrients are taken into plant at different ph readings see if I can find chart[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] hope you can read them

• Like Like x 1
  12. I too adjust to 5.8.

• Like Like x 1
  13. What book is this. It looks extremely helpful.

• Like Like x 1
  14. I found it posted on this site somewhere and screen shot it to keep. There is a lot of info in here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. It's very good info to have around to keep in your mind

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Hope the info helps your plants out classman45

17. Ph 7 in Hydro is crazy af. You need to aim for that orange-yellow tint on pH test or simply around 5.5. You'll be straight. Keep res temp between 65 or 75. Use 1/4 strength nutes and work your way up. No way of going wrong. If you're using distilled or RO I think you need to use that cal mag. And if res gets too hot get yourself some Hydroguard.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  18. IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0319.JPG
    Quick question for you. I fked up and fed low dose first week and then five times that the next week. Should I empty the Rez and put in seedling strength and slowly go up or should I have them in pH'd water for a while. They aren't the happiest.

• Like Like x 2
  19. I would empty out that 5 times strength and just run literally 1/4 again. But then I'm not an expert. It's just what I would do. If I see that they look like they are hurting from it. Slightly dilute it with phd water.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2