Why is my dog so quiet?

Discussion in 'General' started by NIXXXON, May 22, 2011.

1. So I brought home a dog the other day, and he's so quiet. A young woman found him walking along a country road and after being unable to find his owners, she placed an add for a free dog. He's actually really cool and very, very, well behaved. He is a Labrador mixed with a type of "Pitbull" (Im not completely sure on the exact breed) but he's gorgeous. Around the age of 2. But he's unbelievably quiet. He hasn't barked at any of our neighbors or their annoying pets either. A simple low pitch bark by the door when he wants out is it. Should I be worried? Or did I just luck out. Im sure the vet can give me a good answer, but thats not for another week.

2. Nah dont worry, my dog only barks when someone knocks at the door.

3. He's a smart dog.

4. he is depressed. he lost his owner and now hes with some strange pot smoking man.

5. Just depends on the dog I think. I've had 2 dogs, one didn't bark at all and the other never shuts the hell up.

6. He was possibly abused. Hes terrified.

Some do beat their dogs for barking.

7. he's fine. just means he's trained. most dogs dont just bark for no reason, they usually bark to protect their territory . for example my dog only barks when some 1 is walking near my house she'll bark to say "hey guys some 1 is fucking here who is that."

8. this is probably whats happening.

9. Dogs have personalities too. He could just be a quiet dog or it could be any of the above.

10. Earlier when i grabbed a broom to sweep the floor his demeanor changed, he looked at me, put his tail between his legs and slowly walked out of the room

11. hes fine. my dog never barks unless theres someone in the vicinity of my house.

edit: about the broom: my dogs afraid of the snow shovel for no reason at all. if hes 2 its possible hes never seen a broom and is just scared of it.

12. i would make him REALLY happy (like as happy as we if when have a nice pussy and weed infront of us)

so basically
    -take him on a walk
    -give him some dank meat

thats it! nice story to hear too, cheers

13. [​IMG]

14. Im no pet psychologist, but I think thats a good sign that he was abused.

15. I have a lab mix and she doesn't bark at all.

16. Take advantage dude. I have a pup that won't keep his mouth shut. He does this high pitch whine whenever he's in his crate, he barks at everyone, he barks at dogs, and he's chewing on everything. If you've seen the movie Marley & Me...that's EXACTLY how my dog is :(

17. you found him, and young too, so he has probablly had a few bad experience/carries some bad memories with him..give him all your love, kindess and attention.. you've got a new roomate bud, make him positive he's safe and all those things that potentially weren't good to him before people/weather/situation are gone and never going to reoccur. mans best friend right, good luck op